09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 28, 2012

ABC's of Me



Loving reading all about my favorite bloggers on Step into 2nd grade. Since I am new to blogging, I thought I would play along, so you could get to know me.

A - Age - 42

B - Bed size - King - My 3 cats let me share it with them. 

C - Car - Ford Fusion, but my dream car is a Ford Mustang.

D - Dogs & Cats - I love both. Skooter, my 3 year old terrier mix and 3 cats, Skunky & Skittles (aka the gray girls) and Skipper (my big orange boy). All of the cats are 5. Don't ask!

E - Essential to start my day - Diet Mountain Dew. I've never been a coffee drinker. I discourage my students from bringing me anything from Starbucks. If they do, I buy hot chocolate before church in the winter.

F - Favorite color - kelly green, navy blue or pastel pink

G - Gold or silver - SILVER or chrome!

H - Height - 5' 8" (Please don't let W be weight!)

I - Ice Cream - Pass! Not a fan!

J - Job Title - Teacher/ Tech Liaison

K - Kids - My step-daughter, Tiffany. She is 26 and the Director of Volunteers at the Houston SPCA. If you watch "The Little People" on TLC, she was on the HSPCA bus that visited their pet store grand opening. Yes, I am a proud "bonus" mommy.

L - Live - TEXAS! I wasn't born here, but I got here as fast as I could. 

M - Married to Chris for 16 years. 

N - Nickname - Kiki  Thanks to my little brother!

O - Other quirks - I can't stand nail polish on my fingernails, but don't mind it on my toenails.

P - Pet peeves - Lately, it has been people who don't use their turn signal.

Q - Quote from a movie - "Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  Anyone? Anyone? ... Ferris Bueller's Day Off   I <3 John Hughes 80's movies!!!


R - Righty or Lefty - Right isn't wrong!

S - Siblings - One brother (16 months younger)

T - Television - Ours is on almost 24/7, whether we are watching it or not. Since it is summer, it is "Big Brother".

U - Unknown fact - I've been working since I was 10. My 1st job was delivering newspapers. Can you say "workaholic"? That said, I am looking forward to retirement, but I'm not sure it will actually ever happen.

V - Vegetables - Only raw, not a cooked fan. They are too mushy.

W - What makes me run late? - My husband. Sorry, Chris! 

X - X-rays - Lungs. I got pneumonia twice as a kid. I remember the doctor taking chest x-rays.

Y - Yummiest food - Macaroni & cheese  The blue box rocks!!!


Z - Zoo animal - NOT the snakes! I always avoided the snake house. It was dark! It was creepy! There 
were snakes with those forked tongues!

Now you know my ABC's! Next time won't you link up with me! : )




1 comment:

  1. Congrats! You got a new follower!! Just wanted to tell you that I am a HUGE big brother fan!!! I watch after-dark and read all of the sites! I'd love to go on the show!!

    ReplyDelete