09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 30, 2012

Made it "mine" Monday #2


This is my second Monday Made it. I am loving Mondays, at least for a few more weeks.

Project #1: Birthday Bags

The supplies: mini sacks (Hobby Lobby), M & M Fun Size, bookmarks, and mini erasers (Wal-Mart)
I'd still like to add a homework pass.

 I printed "It's Your Birthday" pencil flags from Sunny Days in Second Grade. I decided to use them on the bags, then I can write my student's names on the side. I included my drink to show you these are mini gift bags. 
BTW...my drink could be included as a Monday Made It. I start with crushed ice, fill 3/4 of the glass with Diet Mountain Dew, then finish with Crystal Light Fruit Punch. It is quite addicting!

 Project #2: Boggle
Original idea from Create*Teach*Share
My Boggle title letters are backed on lime green, then navy. Although it is hard to tell in the picture.

I made my Boggle letters and backed them on lime green cardstock. 
I think I will put 16 navy squares up permanently, then use velcro to switch out the letters on my bulletin board. I need to get into my classroom, so I can visualize this better. It is killing me that we can't get in until August 6th.

Project # 3: Box Top Container

I am super competitive! I've been saving since last year's contest ended and I've already filled the container.
As soon as I finish the next Crystal Light container, it will become a "Labels for Education" collector.

Other random stuff:

I need access to our school laminator. I have a bunch of other stuff ready. This is just an example of two. I've printed off "Brain Breaks" cards, "Classroom Cheers" cards, "Quiet Spray" and "Quiet Critters". 

Finally, Home"made" it mine...


I've made this twice already. It is my new favorite chicken recipe. I serve it over egg noodles, instead of rice. How I make it mine is after I pull it out of the oven, I remove the chicken and thicken the sauce with cornstarch, then add the chicken back in. Otherwise, the sauce is very runny. Delicious!




2 comments:

  1. I LOVE ketchup and pickles! Last year was the first time using it and the kids loved it! :) Who would've thought it would be so awesome. I definitely need to make pictures for it too and little number magnets. I also love new recipes! Thanks for sharing it and some tips too! :)

    Amanda
    Reaching for the TOP!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all of your creations!! And that chicken looks absolutely delish!! Im your newest follower!

    Stop by sometime!!
    Jess
    From Blood to Books!

    ReplyDelete