09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 23, 2012

Made It "Mine" Monday!

All summer I've been stalking Tara's Made It Monday linky party. I've been making many of the items "mine".  Finally, I decided I needed to "make" a blog. This is my first post. 







Using p. 5 & 6 from the Big Dot Daily Binder from Cait at Sliding into 1st, I cut out the center of the frames, then I chose a font and matching colors to print my titles. Finally, I backed them with either navy or brown cardstock. After I took the picture and posted it in on Facebook, I realized I couldn't see the i in information and it should be s' on students' success. Ugh! My cat, Skittles, doesn't mind.


I love Pinterest. This summer I got "pinspiration" from Tara's "Believe" sign from Fourth Grade Frolics and the "Mrs. Ashley" sign. I used my circle stencil to trace some polka dots, chose a font I liked and printed out "masterpieces", so that it would fit on my canvas, picked out colors that match my classroom, then started painting. I finished the sides with ribbon. I am still debating if I will hang it with ribbon or just some Command hooks. Either way it will make an ugly corner of my classroom much cuter. Hopefully my students will create lots of "masterpieces" to display under it.


My "Pick Me" pot is almost complete. My circles are cut. My popsicle stick "stems" are painted green. I am waiting until I can get back in to school to get my numbers laminated. I'm not a big fan of the color,  yellow, but when I saw this cute polka dot pot on sale at Hobby Lobby, I couldn't resist. Thank  you to A Cupcake for the Teacher for this great classroom management idea.


I've always had my students use a composition book as a journal. This year I want to try to make them more interactive, hence the iRead and iWrite notebook. I am still trying to decide what will go in it, but I've gotten a lot of good ideas from Pinterest. If you look closely, you will see I did add a ribbon bookmark with a white button at the bottom. My other white buttons were used in the next project. If you are wondering why I made two, I am departmentalized and decided to have separate notebooks for each class. 


Not everything I've made this summer has been or school. I fell in love with this button snowflake and knew I had to make one. The hardest part was finding enough matching white buttons. 


In June, my husband and I celebrated our 16th anniversary. He is more romantic and sentimental than I am, so I made him a deck of cards with 52 reasons why I love him. He was very appreciative. 

Finally, my last two projects were for the Fourth of July. 
The America banner is a free printable from At Second Street.

This is my pinspiration wreath. The original idea was from Naptime Crafts

Ok, I think I am caught up now. I love "Made It Mondays"! I will miss them when school starts.


7 comments:

  1. Love all your projects! Welcome to the blogging world! I am a newbie too and have managed to get totally addicted to it...:) Come check mine out when you get a chance!

    Vicky
    Keep Calm & Imagine

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your America crafts, especially the wreath. That is my classroom theme this year. Very cute.

    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just started blogging too! It is a pretty fun experience! I love your "Masterpieces" sign...what a great addition to a bulletin board full of masterpieces! I teach 4th grade too...come check out my blog if you get a chance!

    Nichole
    Craft of Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. I also made a Pick Me pot. It's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! You've been very busy! All your projects turned out great! I especially like the American banner you made.
    Connie:)
    www.welcometofirstgraderoom5.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! You have been busy! Everything looks great.

    I love the colors of your blog. I am happy to be your newest follower and a Texas teacher too. If you get the chance, I would love for you to hop over and visit me. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete