09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 31, 2012

Classroom Tour

Week 1 - DONE!!! It was a long week. However, I focused on being blessed, not stressed. It worked. I am blessed to work with great teammates, especially my partner, Todd, who brought me a BIG bag of M&M's and doughnuts the first day. My friend, Jenni, brought me a 24 oz. Diet Mountain Dew. It is so pretty I don't even want to drink it. My sweet husband sent my team a dozen Peanut Butter and chocolate cupcakes on Wednesday. A parent brought my partner and I EVERYTHING on our wish list, then sent us
an end of the week gift, as well. In 20 years of teaching, this has NEVER happened to me. I only hope that I can be a blessing to someone else next week.

I meant to do this last week, but it didn't happen. In fact, I didn't get around to taking pictures until after school Friday. However, here is a tour of my classroom. Please notice all of the Pinterest inspired projects.
Welcome!
My Friday folders live in the blue cube. It is very convenient. My partner can deliver graded work to be filed without disturbing the class. I, also, have a dust pan and safety bag hanging by the door.

 
Student Center: Calendar header is a DIY project from a few years ago. I traced letters on cardstock, then decorated them with a BTS theme. Pinspiration: Stop & highlight bucket, Crystal Light Box Top/Labels for Education containers, and No Homework binder (peeking out from top shelf of desk).

Dry erase board before I added painter's tape to make sections. Pinspiration: Visual Direction icons = <3


Pinspiration: Boggle Board
We start using it next week.

Beginning of my library
I made the label on the box next to the globe. I should have taken a close-up.

The rest of the library and reading corner. 
The two bulletin boards are my word wall.
I am working on getting rid of the red and replacing it with green.

Back window
I am SUPER LUCKY! I am one of two teachers at my school 
who have 4 windows. 
Some have 2. Many have none.

My desk 
Week 1 - Still organized. Only 2 piles.
Of course, I didn't take a picture of my bean table. My pile collapsed and did a landslide earlier this week.

Teacher cabinet
Pinspiration: Birthday treats and Masterpieces canvas.
One of my sweet girls brought me my 1st "masterpiece" this week. It is a beautiful striped watercolor.

Birthday board
I have 2 students with birthdays on Feb. 26 and 2 with birthdays on Feb. 28.
That is going to be a FUN week!

Top of Cabinet
My teacher collection
This is where my antique desk lives.

 I realized I left out my computer wall. However, it isn't that exciting. I didn't include any student desks either.  I'll add some more after I clean up for Parent Orientation this week.

Happy Labor Day! Enjoy your long weekend!



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Your classroom looks fabulous! Your fourth graders are very lucky to have you as a teacher!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete