09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 9, 2012

Comprehension Tool Kit & a gripe

I know you are intrigued by the title. Right? Your dying to know more. Well, here it goes...

First of all, I did not attend ANY staff development this summer, until today. I had a "been there, done that" attitude. However, I really wanted to be trained on how to use the Comprehension Tool Kit written by Stephanie Harvey and Anne Goudvis. After all, it had been sitting on a shelf in our team closet for several years. 2 years ago, I removed the shrink wrap and attempted to teach a main idea and detail lesson from Book 5. Last year, I tried again and started with Book 1. I made it through most of Book 2 before I moved on. This year, I have high hopes and a plan. I am going to teach all 26 lessons from all six books in 10 weeks. You heard me. By the first of November, I will be done. (I'll keep you posted.) BTW...my plan is in the Teacher's guide. If I had ever bothered to read it, I might have been successful last year. Does anyone else use it?

Second, my gripe. I LOVE Pinterest. I have spent hours on it all summer pinning great ideas. I've even stalked myself and discovered some of you have pinned some of my ideas. <blushing> But, my gripe is when I click on a pin and it takes me to a TPT or TN store, and the item is NOT FREE. The description should have a $ or the price. If it is a blogger pinning their own work, they should add the price banner in the corner. My goal is to eventually open a TPT and TN store. Unless, I add graphics that I've paid for, my items will be FREE. <stepping off soap box> Thanks for letting me vent! I apologize if I offended anyone. I know Pinterest can be a powerful marketing tool.
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. I have your same gripe! I clicked on a whole class journal pic on pinterest and thought "Oh that looks interesting", it was for sale. So I typed in "whole class journals" and clicked free and found several for free.

    As soon as I figure out how to make things I will join you in posting them for free ;)

    ReplyDelete