09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 5, 2012

Made it "mine" Monday #3 & 2 Questions

I've been busy this week preparing to go back to school. I finally get back into my classroom today. I'll post pictures soon. Hopefully, the before pictures won't be horrifying. Now for the fun...Tara's Monday Made It linky party.

Project #1 - Lucky Duck sticks
Original idea from Kindertastic as seen on Pinterest
Supplies: acrylic paint, popsicle sticks, paint palette, painter's tape, and a paint pen or Sharpie marker.

Use painter's tape to divide the sticks in half. Paint. Let it dry. Remove tape.

Add a new strip of tape and paint the other half. Let dry.

Remove tape. Add numbers using a paint pen or Sharpie.

I still need to add my labels to the pots, but I can't post it due to copyright.
The pots came from Target's Dollar Spot. I did two pots, because I teach two classes. 

Project #2: Circular Fans
A big thank you Jennifer at Darling Little Learners! Her video tutorial was very helpful!
For some reason all of the odd #'s got finished, but not the evens. 
I can't wait to hang these in my classroom.

Project #3 - Labels for Education Container
I made a coordinated container for my Box Top.
I love quick and easy projects. 
BTW...Blogger rotated this picture all by itself. Sweet! 
My original was turned 90 degrees.

2 Questions:
#1) How do I get rid of the "/>" in between my blog button and the code for my blog button? I'd like my button to be centered over the code.

#2) How do I make and add a "signature" to the bottom of my posts?

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Kristin

7 comments:

  1. Sorry, I don't have the answer to either of your questions :)
    But I do like your Monday Made Its. Nice colors on the sticks - I also use sticks, but I don't fancy them up. Yours are very nice.
    And the Fans - too cute, as are the Box Top containers. I like the idea of just having everyone in class drop in their Box Tops.
    Hope you have a very productive day in your room. Sara

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't help either, but I love those 2 colored sticks...so many uses!

    Brandi
    Success in Second Grade
    Don’t forget to check out My Summer in Pictures Linky Party

    ReplyDelete
  3. To answer at least one of your questions, visit Megan @ I Teach. What's your super power? She has some amazing tutorials that can help you. http://teachingsuperpower.blogspot.com/p/blog-baby-blog.html I learned so much from her. If you get a chance, I'd love for you to visit my blog.

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love all the things you made! Definitely check out Megan's "Blog Baby Blog". I have found it to be very helpful. Before she put her tutorials together, I mostly Googled everything. She is also designing blogs and is about to give mine a makeover! I like your design! You did a great job on it!

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can answer the signature question...I just learned too! I will email you because I don't think it will work in a comment box.


    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  6. Teachntex@aol.com

    Thank you for the advice/help!

    Kristin

    ReplyDelete