09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 13, 2012

Made It "Mine" Monday #4

Project #1
This was the quickest project this summer, and it makes me SMILE. It is an acrylic frame with scrapbook paper and a stripe of brown cardstock inside and on the outside a 3D dragonfly sticker and a Super Sticky post-it pad. The best part...I had everything at home. It did not require a trip to Hobby Lobby or cost me any $. Idea came from Math is Elementary.

Project #2

Upcycled plastic containers/ Teacher Toolboxes
Supplies: plastic storage containers. Krylon Fusion spray paint (navy), 
scrapbook paper, label maker, and double sided tape.
The container on the top left and bottom were spray painted navy. I love how they turned out. I was surprised at how it ended up so smooth. Alas I did use the whole can of paint. No one ever mentions that on Pinterest.
Next I added scrapbook paper with double sided tape. I need to add labels to some of the drawers. 
The little container on the top right was already blue and labeled. I need to relabel it. 

Project #3
Pick Me pot
My pick me pot is FINALLY finished. My AWESOME teaching partner, Todd, laminated ALL of my Pinterest goodies. 
The pot was a clearance find at Hobby Lobby. I untied the bow and just glued down the ribbon. The sticks were painted with green acrylic paint. I added the numbers with glue dots. Easy peasy lemon squeezy. Idea from A Cupcake for the Teacher

Project #4
Transportation Clip Chart
Not the best picture - sorry! I'll try to take a picture once I hang it at school. 
I used polka dot frames from Karen @ Prekinders.com, added text and graphics. I thought I was going to use polka dot ribbon, but I liked the white the best. I used a metal split ring to hang it. The bow was tied separately and added with hot glue. Idea came from Tattling to the Teacher

Project #5
LOVE this! The idea for the board came from Miss Kindergarten and the labels came from Smiling in Second Grade. I found the sign in Wal-Mart's clearance section for 75 cents. I added letters from Making Memories. The clothespin was spray painted when I was working on the toolboxes above. I need to figure out what I am going to do with all of the extra tags. Maybe a magnetic clip on the back.

Project #6
I think these turned out too cute. Can you tell that I am super excited about my classroom this year?
I never have really had a cohesive theme. This year I am using navy, chocolate, blue and green polka dots. I still have a little bit of yellow and red, but I plan to eliminate the red eventually.

Heavy sigh! Next Monday, I will be sitting in staff development rather than blog hopping. Hopefully all of my Pinterest/ blog inspired treasures around my room will help remind me of all of the fun I had this summer.

In the meantime...I am going to go check out all of the other blogs over at 4th grade Frolics

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love your boxes--they even match your blog! I am your latest follower. I would love to have you come and visit my blog--enter my giveaway--and of course win. (I say win to everyone, but can't afford to let everyone win.) My heart is bigger than my pocketbook!

    www.ateacherwithoutaclass.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin!
    First, your Monday Made-Its are fabulous! Won't it feel nice to go back with some goodies you've made:)
    You visited my blog {thank you!} and you asked me to email you if I found out how to get your blog (with a link) to show up when you leave a comment. Well I got an answer ~ yipee! You type your comment and your name. Then under your name you need to type this code {put your information in where the capial letters are}:

    YOURBLOGNAME

    When you publish your comment your blog name with a link will show up under your name ~ it's magic!
    You have to do this every time you leave a comment.
    Like we would have ever figured this out on our own!

    Natalie
    Natalies Nook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Okay I published my comment and it took out the code you need. Oops! Please email me at home so I can give it to you.
    lamontfamily@bell.net

    Sorry about that:)
    Natalie
    Natalies Nook

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Kristin! Our friend with Moxie told me about your blog. So glad to find it! Your projects look great.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete