09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

October 1, 2012

October Made Its, Winning & a Little Sugar


Word Study: Homophones
In my district, we do word study, instead of spelling. Last week the focus was on homophones. I saw a similar anchor chart on Pinterest. Here is my version.

Word Work poster
It is hard to tell, but the letters are on polka dot paper. It is hanging over my word wall. 
On the far left hand side, I've started hanging up our pattern lists.

Evan-Moor Take It to Your Seat Centers
If you don't have these, buy the books. Super easy to make!

File Folder Stations
I apologize. I downloaded these, but I don't know where.

Kate Klise Clocks
Last week, Kate Klise visited my school. If you aren't familiar with her work, she is the author of

During her talk to the kids, she drew a clock and used it as an analogy on how to tell a story. Today, we made our clocks and added them to our "Writing Tools" tab of our interactive journal.
 From noon to 1, explain your problem.
From 1 to 7, your character goes on a journey.
From 7 to 9, she likes a "Oh no!" moment.
From 9 to 11, it turns into a "Ah ha!" moment.
Finally, conclude the story by midnight. 
 I didn't take a picture of their timeline, but they have written this next to their timeline
 before they started writing a rough draft. 

Winning...Bic Pen Giveaway
This was a contest on Facebook this summer. I received this in the mail today.

Look what one of my sweet kiddos brought me. There was candy and a package of Crystal Light inside.
Coincidentally, there was a bible verse (She made it a church the night before.), too. It was the same verse as the one my church put on our calendar to pray that day. Goosebumps!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. The file folder stations are superrrrr cute!!! My kids love the Dying to Meet You book. I can't believe the author visited your school!!!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oops forgot to tell you that I'm your newest follower! Us fourth grade teachers have to stick together! :)

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an amazing idea from an author! Thanks for sharing : ) I'm now following your blog, too!

    Young Daze in 5th Grade

    ReplyDelete