09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

November 1, 2012

Monday Made It - November

Oops! I didn't take a picture of mine, so I am going to have to use the original pin. For Halloween I made my teammates some pretzel pumpkins and added an owl tag. It's probably better that I didn't take a picture of mine, because they weren't this orange. It took me 3 tries to get 45 pretzels. I wasted an entire bag of white chocolate chips, 1/2 a bag of almond bark, and almost an entire squeeze bottle of red and yellow food coloring.

I use the Comprehension Tool Kit (see a previous post). I made this anchor chart with my students. I was pretty impressed that they had so many strategies for answering questions. 


This week our word study focused on the suffix -sion. My students made a graffiti wall chart.
It's funny how many more words they will search for and find if 
they can use a marker,  write their name on it, and make it public. Now, I just have to teach them to read it first and make sure they are not duplicating words. Oh! ...and spell them correctly on the assessment on Friday.

Although, I purchased this awesome station from Tara at 4th Grade Frolics, I just now got around to laminating and cutting it out. My kids will be so excited that the magnetic letters are coming back out Monday.



Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Your blog is Rockin'! I LOVE your makeover! Wish I could have had some pumpkin goodness! Happy November!

    Diane
    Teaching with Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Those pretzels look too yummy! Thanks for the shout out on the Letters for Learning task cards;) Hope your kiddos love them:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the owl bag toppers. I'm sure yours turned out amazing!

    Liliris
    Fourth Grade Garden

    ReplyDelete
  4. The pretzel pumpkins look great - and yummy! Next year ...

    sandi
    rubberboots and elf shoes

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wanted to try those pumpkins, too, but time got away from me. When I try them, I'll make sure to get enough coloring! :)

    Diane
    Fifth in the Middle

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, and I'm your newest follower! I teach 5th grade literacy and social studies :)

      Delete
  6. Very cute! I'm going to do the anchor charts with my kids too. They need a refresher.

    EmilyI Love My Classroom

    ReplyDelete