09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

December 4, 2012

Anchor Charts & a Ferris Bueller Moment

Pass the butter, I've been on a roll lately...making anchor charts.

#1 Personal Narrative 
Inspiration                                                             My Version

I made this one to review personal narratives with my students. Today they took a benchmark. I hope they looked at it. If not, it is moving to my writing wall. They get to do another benchmark in January. Maybe if they stare at it long enough, it will sink in. 

#2 Adverbs
Inspiration                                                               My Version

This week all of our mentor sentences contain adverbs. I made this chart to help explain adverbs. Of course, I went back to my childhood and showed School House Rock's "Lolly Lolly Lolly Get Your Adverbs Here" and a new favorite The Grammarheads "Adverb Song". 

#3 Plurals
Inspiration

Where is my version? Forgot to take the picture today. I will update the post tomorrow.

Finally, my Ferris Bueller moment...a student came up to me at recess. In a very soft, almost whisper voice, she asked me if I wanted a piece of candy. Sure. She reaches into her pocket, pulls out a napkin, and unwraps a candied orange slice. Instantly, the end of Ferris Bueller flashes into my mind. "Gummi bear? It's been in my pocket; they're real warm and soft." [In case your wondering, I took the candy, but I "saved" it for later and the trashcan.]

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Found you through Farley's Currently! Loving all your anchor charts - we are working on adverbs right now too so I might have to use your ideas!

    Gabrielle

    Teaching Special Thinkers

    ReplyDelete