09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

December 2, 2012

December Currently




When I started filling out my December Currently, I was watching an episode of Ellen, but then my computer overheated and shut down. I should have posted that I need a new laptop fan.

I grew up in Kansas, so I love winter in Texas. I don't miss the snow one bit.

I am not looking forward to teaching writing this week. Tuesday, my students are going to do a "mock" writing benchmark and write a personal narrative, then Wednesday it is back to expository writing. Then in January, they will take ANOTHER writing benchmark over two days. I will have 44 narratives and 44 expository compositions to grade. Yeah me!

I started a project this morning. I spray painted a board white. I need to cut out some letters. Respray the board red, then staple tinsel garland on it. Once I finish, I'll take pictures and post it as December Made It.
I, also, need to finish decorating my house. I put up the tree and started adding lights. Only to discover a hodge podge of blinking and not lighting up at all. Tomorrow, I will fix it, but I am procrastinating today.

My RAK...at my school, we regularly nominate staff members for C.E.O awards (Chief Energy Officers). The winners receive a certificate and a duty covered by the administrators. I nominated my partner and he won Wednesday.

Our district has SAE and TAE awards (Student and Teachers Achieving Excellence). Parents and teachers can nominate other teachers. A copy is then emailed to the teacher and their administrators, plus their name goes into a drawing for gift card for a massage (at my school). This past Friday I received one. Woo Hoo! 

Now, it is my turn to nominate another teacher. 

Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. So funny that you like the warm weather in December! I grew up in Louisiana and moved to Virginia. Now I love having snow on the ground. This 70 degree weather here is not really what I want right now! Oh well! Enjoy it while you can!

    Andrea
    Reading Toward the Stars

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grading writing is BY FAR my least favorite thing to grade! I definitely have to be in the mood to grade writing (a chai tea and comfy sweats usually helps). Good luck!!

    Aimee
    aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
    Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm your newest follower!

      Aimee
      aimee@vanmiddlesworth.org
      Pencils, Books, and Dirty Looks

      Delete
  3. You were the link "right after" me in the "Currently December" linky! I love finding fellow Texas teacher blogs! I'm LOVING this weather also! Congratulations on your TAE! I'm now a follower!

    Marcy
    www.saddleupfor2ndgrade.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Im your newest follower...found ya through Farley! Us fourthies, got to stick together! Love your blog design.
    Amanda
    Rock Stars At Work

    ReplyDelete