09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

December 10, 2012

Plural light bulbs

Every week, I receive The Mailbox newsletter. This past week, it included a light bulb pattern. I printed it, copied it, but didn't know what I was going to use it for. Then, inspiration struck. We needed to practice our plural patterns for word study. I assigned each student either -s, -es, or -ies. They had to write the pattern, the rule, then read the room to find 10 examples.

This week, we need to work on irregular plurals. I was looking for a new shape/project for our irregular plurals, then I found the stocking craftivity from "A Cupcake for the Teacher". Perfect!




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. Love the lightbulbs!! What a wonderful idea!

    Molly
    Lessons with Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so perfect - we are studying plurals and I was looking for a new idea.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute ideas! Just found your blog from looking at Megan's designs! We teach 4th grade too and just started blogging. Check us out if you have a chance! We are now following you!

    Amanda and Stacia
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just saw this and can't wait to put these ideas in my files for next year! What fun ways to incorporate skills in crafty ways!

    ReplyDelete