- You must post 11 random things about yourself..
- Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
- Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
- Choose 11 blogs you love (with less than 200 followers) and link them in your post.
- No tag back (but please leave me a comment on this post with the URL to your Liebster post so I can learn more about you)!
Random things about me...
1. I grew up in the suburbs of
2. My first major was political science and international business.
3. I’ve never ridden a roller coaster or visited Disney World.
4. I hate the smell of canned tuna fish and would leave the house when my mom opened a can.
5. My gag reflex is so bad that the doctors can’t even use a tongue depressor on me.
6. I collected Hall & Oates cassette tapes growing up.
7. I am the shortest member of my family @ 5’ 8”.
8. All of my pets’ names begin with “Sk”.
9. I am addicted to Diet Mountain Dew and Crystal Light Fruit Punch.
10. I love snowmen.
11. My favorite color is green (lime or kelly).
Answers to Mrs. Young's Questions:
- Where is your favorite place you’ve ever visited?
- Where is your favorite place to shop for teacher clothes?
Kohl’s or Macy’s – I like to get in and get out.
- Favorite holiday tradition?
We go to church on Christmas eve, drive around and look at lights until we run low on gas (has happened more than once), and then home for dinner, usually chili.
- Favorite book to read with your students?
The Last of the Really Great Whangdoodles by Julie Andrews Edwards – I love reading it using voices for all of the characters, especially the Splinter Cat.
- Why do you blog?
I love to share my ideas, because I love getting new ideas from others. I once beat out another candidate for a job, because when asked about sharing I offered up several ideas and the candidate before me refused to go out to her car to get a file. Her loss. I was at that school for 12 years.
- Favorite song?
My favorite old school song, “Kiss On My List” by Hall & Oates.
Current favorite songs, “Want U Back” by Cher Lloyd or “Everybody Talks” by Neon Trees
- Has it snowed yet where you live?
No and it better not. I live in southeastern
It has only snowed 3 times in the 20 years that I’ve lived here.
- Favorite quote? Inspirational from song or movie.
“Life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it. “ ~ Ferris Bueller
What can I say, I’m a child of the 80’s.
- Can’t live without teacher item?
My calendar. I don’t wait until they give us a new one. I buy my own, usually the first week they are on sale at Wal-Mart.
- Who is your childhood superhero?
Wonderwoman – I loved her gold bracelets and lasso of truth.
- Favorite TV show?
“The Big Bang Theory” – I love Sheldon!!!
Questions I'm Asking My Nominees:
- How did you end up in your grade level and/or subject area?
- How many teammates do you have?
- Do you plan alone or as part of a team?
- What is your favorite read aloud?
- What games/activities do you do at your student holiday party?
- Why did you start blogging?
- What “makes” your holidays?
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
- What book are you currently reading?
- What is your favorite holiday carol/song?
- If you weren’t a teacher/educator, what would you be doing?
Blogs I'm Nominating: