09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

February 1, 2013

February Currently

January *Blink!* February

Wow! January whizzed by. I think I blinked and missed it. 

It is time to link up again with Farley. She may be happy to know that I made time to do her February currently, but didn't change my February calendar at school. Priorities, right?

I haven't blogged a lot about my dog, because my blog is supposed to be about education. However, he is my "boy" and I am trying to teach him a new trick. We bought him a new kennel, because his hexagonal pin allowed him to jump and bounce around. Being slightly overweight, this caused him to injure his knee and resulted in a limp. Trying to avoid a costly trip to the vet, we restricted his bouncing with the new kennel. He HATES it. The first night I put him in it. He looked up at me with his big brown eyes [cue Sara MacLachlan music]. The next morning when I tried to put him in again before school, he snapped and snarled at me. After 15 min. of trying to trick him, I had to go and left him in the office with my husband. It broke my heart to see him so upset and distraught. This continues for several days. Finally, Tuesday night, I told him to go to bed. He walked past me and into his cage on his own. No bribe! Tonight, he is whining, because he is hungry. I, also, put him on a diet this week. Upside, he will do just about anything for a treat now, including going in his kennel.

All aboard the Energy Bus!
I have been working really hard to be more positive this year. I started by reading this over the winter break. When we came back, I started reading a few pages of the kid version each Monday. This week was rule #4,  "Love Your Passengers". 

Norovirus has hit my classroom. 'Nuff said.

I really don't want anything. I'm pretty happy right now. Sure, I could want a new pair of red Keds or a bling t-shirt, but I'm good.

I need to take my dog for a walk, but I got home too late. I don't like walking after dark. 

And my pet peeves are beginning a sentence with "And". Fortunately, all I had to do was tell my kids that this drives me crazy about authors, AND they became the "FANBOYS" police. One boy found about 20 examples in Stone Fox

Tardiness...Yes, I will judge you if you are tardy. Yes, I am working on not being so judgmental. However, if I can make an effort to be on time, then you should respect my time, also. I set alarms on my phone to ensure that I am on time. My attendance alarm sings "Good Morning". I giggle every time I hear one of my kids singing along to the alarm. 

It is doughnuts, not donuts. Actually, I dislike "text" speech. Fourth graders don't understand the difference between casual and formal language. I cringe when I see misspelled words on public signs. 

Phew! Got to get back on my energy bus! Have a great weekend! It is going to be a beautiful warm one in Texas!


Photobucket

11 comments:

  1. Oooh! I hate tardiness!!! I am ALWAYS on time. As in, ALWAYS on time! I feel like if I can do it, you can too!!! Grr! :) That was a good one!

    Sarah
    Kindergarten Korner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, you made me laugh! I needed this fun read tonight! Hold fast to what you believe in, you're being tried, but it sounds like you're winning!

    Amy Howbert
    Little Miss Organized
    amyhowbert1@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about the stomach bug going around your classroom - we've got the flu circulating through our school! I've had five kiddos stay home with it this week alone :(
    Praying for a quick recovery!

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am going to borrow your idea and start reading, Energy Bus to my class too. It sounds great! We just finished, Spirit Bear, and need something a little lighter. Thanks for the idea.

    Wendy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the February Currently and I am your newest follower! I too teach 4th grade :) and I HATE it when students start sentences with and, but and because!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla
    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Our puppies can be our babies. My Aussie is the best part of my day.
    ~April Walker
    The Idea Backpack
    Balancing the Backpack

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ack! We were talking about that virus at school last week. So terrible it's hit your room!!!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I started the year reading the Energy Bus with my kids. It's a great book to set the tone for your classroom!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH M Y GOSH I need that book...
    and germs have invaded your classroom... oh my goodness go stock up on bleach wipes right now!!! go go go
    thanks for linking up

    ReplyDelete
  10. Tardiness is such a pain...especially when you are deep into a lesson...and look who pops in.... so you have to explain everything ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Sorry about the stomach bug!!! YUCK!!
    Newest follower here!

    Tammy
    Come By and Visit My Blogs!
    ”Dots” of Fun!
    1...2...3...Teach With Me

    ReplyDelete
  11. Our whole school is doing an Energy Bus book study! I love it. I had no idea that they had a kids version! I am on my way to Amazon to see if I can find it. So glad I found your great blog through Currently!

    Heidi

    ReplyDelete