09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

February 2, 2013

LOVE...

My friend and former partner, Diane is hosting a fun new linky. It is a photo challenge. Two things I can't resist; taking photos and a challenge. All you have to do is take a photo that fits the theme. Check out my entry!


Thursday, I was having a really bad morning. I hadn't slept well the night before. I was running "late" [Wee my last post about tardiness.] I had a PLC Writing meeting [A meeting to discuss the latest writing benchmark scores, which were not great.] during planning. I had already worn my United Way t-shirt and jeans earlier in the week, so I had no choice, but to dress-up. [We can wear jeans any day we want to if we were our United Way t-shirt with it. To get the t-shirt, we donated $75. Totally worth it!] You get the idea!

Well...I have a "buddy", who comes to visit me nearly every morning before she goes to class. She was assigned to me by the counselor at the beginning of the year to help her with friendships. Thursday morning, she arrived in my room. We chatted briefly, then I sent her off to class. I took my class to the computer lab and went to my meeting. It ended just in time to pick my class up from Music. While walking back to my classroom, my "buddy" finds me in the hallway. She is holding a card for me. My hands are full, but I manage to free two fingers to take the card. I thank her and scurry off. The rest of the day was so crazy, I didn't get a chance to read it until after school. It is hard to tell from this picture, but she drew me taking a nap on the beach in "paradis". This is love! Somehow she knew exactly what I needed. 

If you read my last post, then you know I've been reading The Energy Bus. This week's rule was #4 Love Your Passengers. My "buddy" is definitely on my bus. 

Head over to Diane's blog and share the love!

Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. That sums up exactly why I love being a teacher. Out of nowhere, when you least expect it, one of the precious little ones warms your heart in a way that says, this is what it is all about". Thank you so much for sharing this story and for being the first to link up to the Photo Challenge! I have seen this on non-teaching blogs and it looked like so much fun.

    Off the subject, BWE had an awesome booth a Sci-Tech! So fun and creative! Kudos to the staff who created it!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a great story. I made a "Love Notes" binder to keep all those precious notes. I found the binder spine and front cover on a blog and wish I would have pinned it because I can't find it anywhere!

    LookingFromThirdtoFourth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristin,
    I found you through Diane's LOVE linky!
    Your card is precious!
    I have one of those little sweethearts too! Visits everyday!
    I can't wait to check out The Energy Bus! Thanks for the reference.
    I have a sweet little first grade LOVE posted, and would love to have you stop by!
    Julie

    ReplyDelete