09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

February 4, 2013

Monday Made It - February edition

I'm back! I haven't posted a Monday Made It since November.
 I meant to post in December and had time in January.
Here is what I've been up to...

#1 Homemade Tootsie Rolls

Not as good as the real thing, but they were fun and easy to make.
They, also, made some of my teammates happy.
If you try them, I recommend refrigerating before you eat them.

#2 Valentine's treats for students

(My Pinspiration)
 

(My Version)
Of course, I used Tootsie Roll pops. 

#3 Snow Sign

I  had this great idea! I wanted a sign for my front yard to go with my 4 inflatable snowmen. I bought a piece of plywood, 2 cans of spray paint, a can of sealer, and some tinsel garland. Being from Kansas, but currently living in Texas, I thought it would be funny to do a little play on words. I spent hours tracing and cutting out the letters. I spray painted the wood white, taped the letters down, then spray painted the sign red. You can tell where the tape was, so I bought some white acrylic paint to touch up the letters. I just haven't had time to finish painting. Once I do, I am going to seal it, so it will be water-resistant. Then I plan to staple tinsel garland around the edges. Hopefully, it will be complete by next Christmas. Stay tuned!

#4 Argyle Wreath

(My Pinspiration)

(My Version)

?

In progress...maybe next month.

Head over to 4th Grade Frolics and check out what Tara and her friends have made.



Photobucket

9 comments:

  1. Cute wreath-to-be!! Adorable! And I love those mustaches!!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kristin,

      I love your Wreath! I can't wait to make one. =)

      Janna
      Fabulous Finch Facts

      Delete
  2. Oh! Love those little Valentine's treats. The kids will flip for them!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Found you through the MMI linky party! I like how your Valentine's treats came out! I'm now your newest follower! Oh, and CUTE blog design - Megan did mine too!

    Cyndi
    Lacy's Letters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat projects! They all turned out great! I love that wreath! I'm going shopping for a Valentine's wreath today.

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Enjoying your blog! Hope that you will check mine out as well, I'm currently having a giveaway... you should enter!

    http://bigcityteacher.blogspot.com/2013/02/first-giveaway.html


    Martha :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love those mustaches! You have a cute blog!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. What material did you use for the mustaches?

    ReplyDelete