09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

March 20, 2013

A Funny & a Favorite

Warning: Self-indulgent rambling

Today was one of "those" days. We had several schedule changes, a light rain shower during arrival this morning, and a gas leak at lunch. This means indoor recess and a lot of craziness. As my students are coming back to my room from indoor recess, they see the secretary and 4 firemen walking down the main hall. Then the questions start. "Why are there firemen?" "Is there a fire?" "Are we in danger?" But the best question... (Yes! I used a conjunction at the beginning of my sentence. One of my personal pet peeves.)"Are they going to dance?" Whaaaaat? I couldn't contain my laughter, especially since the very innocent question came from one of my sweet, smart bow head girls.

Like I said, today was one of "those" days. Not to mention, we now have only 7 more days until the STAAR Writing test. We are using the Motivation Writing program. My students were working in pairs to answer the questions. They were working on the editing portion of the test. One pair of my "good", but not my "best" students ask, "Mrs. B, we need that AAAWWUBBIS thing." Be still my heart. Do they mean my AAAWWUBBIS anchor chart? YES!!!

I am linking up with Jessica at A Turn to Learn.




Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. We had a gas leak once - luckily it was on a beautiful day and recess just went on and on and on! Hope tomorrow is better!

    Looking From Third to Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so funny! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny! Thanks for the laugh :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  4. Uhmmmm if you have dancing firemen at your school then all I can say is...... SIGN ME UP SISTER!!!! Is there an opening in JH/HS ELA?????? Haha. I needed this laugh and this image!!! Today is technically my "friday" in my classroom but we have a SUPER early morning tomorrow bc we have HS UIL and it will most likely be a LATE night...... Thanks for the post!

    Teaching Texas Teens

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wonder how that thought even crossed her mind!?

    And I agree with Teaching Texas Teens... sign me up! :)

    Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete