09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

March 2, 2013

I'm Currently a Texas Blogger!

I haven't been this happy to see the beginning of a new month in a loooong time! February was so gross and busy. TGIF had a whole new meaning yesterday. I added TGIF & M (Thank Goodness it is Friday & March!) Anyway...it is time a new CURRENTLY from Farley!

LISTENING to Robot Combat League, because hubby has the remote control. Otherwise, I would not even know this show existed.

LOVING my step-daughter, Tiffany! She is taking her oral exam for the Foreign Service test on Monday. Sending her prayers and good vibrations!

THINKING about opening a TPT store. I am going to look into it during spring break. Any advice?

WANTING to learn how to make my own fonts and digital papers. I don't have Photoshop, but I do have Fireworks. I just need to get started.

NEEDING SPRING BREAK!!! Enough said!

(I am not usually a rule breaker, except when the rules don't fit me. K is a really hard letter to come up with 3 things that I like, love and hate, so I bent the rule a little. I am using the /k/ sound of c. I am an English teacher. Why not?)

LIKE carrots! Trying to eat them everyday instead of potato chips, etc...
LOVE candy! I will be so glad when Easter is over, because then we will be done with candy holidays until Halloween. Right now I am craving Reese's Peanut Butter eggs. They are so much better than just a regular Reese's cup.
HATE chaos! Lately, it seems things have been very chaotic. I am looking forward to the peace and tranquility of SPRING BREAK!

Now head over or go back to Farley's and check out the other Currently bloggers.

I'm, also, a Texas blogger! Head over to visit  Diane @ Fifth in the Middle and join her linky party.

Finally...Happy Texas Independence Day and Sam Houston's Birthday!


Photobucket

10 comments:

  1. Yay! I was so glad to see another 4th grade teacher in front of me on the linky:) You should definitely open a TPT store! There is no time like the present and it is SO worth it.
    ~Holly
    P.S. Reese's PB eggs are my downfall!! I LOVE them!
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am teaching in the OK panhandle, not too far from TX. But then Texas is a very large state. Candy was my like! I have a love/hate relationship there, but it is also a bit of a necessity to keep going! Kind of like caffeine. Oh, the /k/ sound using C is easy, huh??? :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. At least you tried. I guess I didn't read all of the directions because I just wrote 3 random things for the like, love, hate. I guess I should practice what I preach! :) I found your adorable blog through the currently!
    Hilary
    Second Grade is Out of This World!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are lots of tutorials on how to create PDFs to sell, just bop on Pinterest to help you out. I haven't been on TPT for long, but it's been a fun ride!

    Christy
    Teaching In Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Definitely on the TPT store! And if you do, best of luck! You can always email me or message me on my blog for advice!

    Jessica
    Second Grade Nest

    ReplyDelete
  6. You should definitely start a TPT store... It takes a bit to work out the kinks of designing and creating products but I really love making things on there!!!

    Enjoy your candy. :)

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! Another 4th grade blogger! I just started blogging a couple of weeks ago, so this is all new to me. I am now following you!

    I think you should definitely sell on TPT. I started last summer, and it has been a blast! Here's my advice:
    1. Creating in PowerPoint is way easier than Word, and you can easily save as PDFs.
    2. Make sure you make colorful cover pages for your products. They catch prospective buyers' attention, and get them to look at your product.
    3. Read the seller's forums on TPT. Lots to learn there!

    Good Luck, and let me know if I can help!
    Cathy

    ReplyDelete
  8. You should open a TpT store! I am so glad I did this fall! I sell items I make for my own class and have had a good amount of success. I keep all money earned in my paypal account as a Christmas fund. I agree with all of Cathy's advice!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Carrots, candy, chaos - love that! Sounds like me! I am sooo looking forward to Spring Break too. I'm your newest follower!
    ✿Sue✿
    Science for Kids Blog

    ReplyDelete