09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

April 8, 2013

April Monday Made It! - Keychain & Anchor Charts


Most of my projects were made during Spring Break. I can't wait until summer, when I can finish some of my other projects.

Project #1


I saw a cute keychain on Pinterest, but it was made out of a Diet Coke can. (No offense, but I'd rather drink water. In fact, if a restaurant only offers Diet Coke, I will order water.) I decided I needed to make one out of a Diet Mountain Dew can.

First, I headed to Hobby Lobby. The only thing I didn't get there were the green jump rings (JoAnn's). Next, I cut up a clean, dry Diet Mountain Dew can. Then, I punched a hole using my smallest hole punch. I added a layer of Mod Podge. 3 hours later, I flipped it over and added another layer of glue. The original directions said to add 3 layers of glue, but I liked the way it looked with just 1 layer. I used a nail to remove the glue from the prepunched holes, then I added the silver jump rings (6mm). The original directions called for a chain, but I couldn't find one, so I made my own using Darice green jump rings (7mm).



Project #2


Last month, I made pencils with green flags.
This month, I made pencils with purple flags for the STAAR Writing test.
According to brain research, purple is uplifting, calming to mind & nerves, and encourages creativity.
Exactly what my students need this week.

Project #3


Context Clues anchor chart
Building off of our Comprehension Toolkit momentum 
and my infinite Pinterest research, 
I combined it into one context clue anchor chart. 
I love being able to say to them "Think like a shark", 
and they know what I mean.

Project #4


~er anchor chart
Using the same pattern as my ~ing and ~ed anchor charts, 
I created an ~er anchor chart.
Next year's word study is going to be a piece of cake, 
because I will have all of these anchor charts already completed. Woo hoo!

Project #5


Surprise! Another 2 anchor charts!
After I made my first Reading Olympian anchor chart for the Nike Set (see my original post),
I decided that I need one for every set. These are the next two sets in the 10 part series.

I love linking up with Tara every month! Soon it will be summer and we can link up again weekly!

Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I love the "think like a shark" chart! Very cool :) Love being able to read other 4th grade teacher's posts!

    Amelia
    wherethewildthingslearn

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your Nike sets! So perfect. You are an awesome Pinterest researcher, too! ; )

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing your anchor charts. I love Comprehension Toolkit too! I'm a fellow 4th grade teacher and your newest follower!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your anchor charts. I am still trying to figure out where to put your Reading Olympians charts in my room. I love that idea!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the key chain! I need one too for regular Mt. Dew, only way I survive :)

    Jess

    ReplyDelete