09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

April 1, 2013

Currently April



Currently listening to the Celebrity Apprentice. Gary Busey cracks me up and drives me crazy at the same time.

Currently loving my little dog, Skooter. He just got groomed Saturday. He is all fuzzy. I couldn't resist taking him out to the bluebonnets Saturday and taking his picture. Notice his mohawk blowing in the breeze.

Currently thinking about the STAAR Writing test Tuesday & Wednesday. I hope they use their strategies and remember how to write an expository composition. At this point, it is what it is. Good luck to all of the other 4th grade Texas teachers!

Currently wanting a treadmill. I am lazy and make a LOT of excuses. I will only walk when the temperature is between 55-85 degrees. Soon it will be too hot to walk. I, also, want one for my husband, so he can walk.

Currently needing some help. I have a hard time asking for help. I am VERY independent and a little bit of a control freak, so I tend to do everything by myself. 

Currently giving this advice, "Do what you can, when you can." My blog continues to grow slowly, but surely. 

Be sure to visit Farley and the other teachers and see what they are "currently" doing.


Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I can't stand the stress that we go through on testing days. Almost as bad as what the kids go through! At least you know what type of prompt your kids will get. Our fourth graders could either get a narrative or an expository. When I taught fourth half the class got one type and the other half got the other. At least now everyone gets the same type of prompt. Hope your kids do well! Good luck!!

    Christina :)
    Apples, Books, and Crayons
    applesbooksandcrayons@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Unfortunately, they get both a personal narrative and an expository. We don't know which day will be which type of writing.

      Thanks for the positive thoughts!

      Delete
  2. I think this time of year we are all thinking of doing what we can, when we can-it's crazy because it's similar to what I wrote. I LOVE the picture of your sweet dog. Hope you get some help and a treadmill. I bought one used last summer and I love it-I should be on it now, Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi! I am glad I found your blog! I like to find other fourth grade teachers! I am your newest follower and I found you through Farley's currently! It was my first try! How do you get her blog picture to link up? I can get her link and her picture but don't know how to link them together! I need to get my dog groomed this week too! He is waaaY overdue! Not sure where you are in Texas but I was in Dallas about a month ago with my daughter's cheer team! Take care!
    Pam
    Rockin Resources

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am outside of Houston. I found the bluebonnets in Montgomery though.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for sharing! I found you on the April Currently! We had our writing test 3 weeks or so ago... Good Luck!
    Come and check out my current Currently!
    Layla

    Fancy Free in Fourth

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love your pic of your doggie!!! He is too cute! What kind is he? I have a yorkie and she has a similar face. Right now she has a mohawk too because she has weird yorkie hair and it is sort of a disaster..... ANYHOW..... Hope your testing went well today. My 7th graders had their writing part 1 and I have been a ball of nerves all week. Just know that you have done what you could and now it is up to them!!!!! PS love your blue bonnets, wish the weather was more conducive to them up here!!!!

    Amanda
    Teaching Texas Teens

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think so too. Skooter is part Jack Russell terrier and part long haired dachshund. The vet thinks there may be a little Chihuahua mixed in, too.

      Delete