09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

April 7, 2013

Let's Get Acquainted Linky - Stranded


I know I am breaking a cardinal rule - Don't post twice on the same day. Who made up that rule anyway? This is a fun one. I couldn't resist.

LaToya asked if you were stranded on a deserted island, what three things would you have to have with you?

#1

Duct Tape
According to the Mythbusters, I can survive on a deserted island, if I have a LOT of duct tape.
Adam & Jamie made everything they needed out of it, including shelter and a water bucket.
Since this is a get acquainted party, I will admit I have a little nerd crush on Adam, 
so I would probably take him along with the duct tape.

#2

Ice, Ice, Baby...Too Cold!
Partly for hydration, partly because I am currently addicted to crunching soft ice.


#3

Suntan Lotion (at least SPF50)
I don't tan. I burn. I would need a lifetime supply of suntan lotion (at least SPF50).

You may have noticed the absence of my husband and/or my pets. If I am stranded on a deserted island, then I want them looking for me. In the meantime, I will enjoy the peace and quiet, build a hammock out of duct tape, and crunch on some ice. 

Happy Sunday!
Photobucket

5 comments:

  1. I love the duck tape idea - too funny! If I was following my Dad's advice, it would be duct tape and WD40...you can do anything with those two! :)

    Kelly
    First Grade Fairytales

    ReplyDelete
  2. Duck tape- so funny! I would never have thought of that. But men think it fixes everything, so why not? :)
    Lori
    Conversations in Literacy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Mythbusters only took silver. However, I currently own a roll of white, purple, and green, so I would be able to decorate my island, also.

      Delete
  3. Oh my goodness! I'm crackin' up about your duct tape hammock! Maybe I could hide under that with my
    SPF 70 sunscreen. Ha!
    Kimberly
    Funky First Grade Fun

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh! I just saw that episode of Myth Busters. I asked my teen son this question and it was the top of his list too! Of course he is addicted to myth busters and now has his science teacher playing episodes weekly in class.

    Misty
    Think, Wonder, & Teach

    ReplyDelete