09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

April 14, 2013

Math Mentor Text - Millions to Measure

It is Sunday! Time to link up with Amanda & Stacia and share a mentor text. 

Even though, I don't teach math anymore. I still have a ton of math books. Fingers crossed, I may get to teach math again next year. In preparation, I dug out my math literature books. I came across on of my favorites.


Why is this one of my favorites? I got to meet David Schwartz at a math conference right after he published this book. He spoke about the writing process. He explained how he fought with his publishers to get the double page foldout pages.


My students loved when I shared these pages, because I always quote Indiana Jones and say "Snakes...snakes...why did it have to be snakes!" They would delight in my reaction, and the fact that I love/hate these two pages of the book.


Now go read some Math!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. I just added this book to my wishlist on Amazon. Thanks for sharing!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have this book and I just pulled it since we are working on measurement! I love his books! That's interesting that they fought him on the double pages! I think that's part of what makes the book!

    Thank you for linking up!!
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete