09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

April 16, 2013

Tried It/ Techie Tuesday - Catpin Bubbles & Sheet Protectors

    

It's another 2-for-1! Most a-ha moments are born out of necessity or necessity is the mother of invention. Either way, I needed a bubble answer document after grading 44 Motivation Reading books on a Monday, and then turning around and grading 44 Motivation Writing books on Wednesday. There was no way that I was going to haul all of these books home to grade. If I had a clicker system, then I wouldn't need a bubble sheet. Alas, I don't, so I started searching for a bubble sheet generator. Aha! Catpin Productions Bubble Test Form Generator - Answer Sheets.

It's as easy as 1-2-3-4!



Then voila!

Next, comes the actual grading This is the easy part. I make it even easier by making a sheet protector key.
It's as easy as 1-2-3!

Step 1...Students bubble.

Step 2...Insert bubble sheet into sheet protector. Using a sharpie marker, bubble in correct answers.

Step 3...Remove bubble sheet. Lay answer key sheet protector on top of bubble sheets. Grade quickly!

You may already do this, but since there are always new teachers being born everyday. I thought I would share an "old" trick. 

Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. This is perfect. I was just lamenting to my fellow teachers that I am unable to give my students practice filling in "bubbles" for tests, so the first time they see it is on our state tests.
    Thanks for sharing!
    Hunter's Tales from Teaching

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're right about that. Kids see them for the first time and just wanna bubble them all in because it is fun to do. Ah--to teach. :)

      matt
      Digital: Divide & Conquer

      Delete
  2. Genius! I love it! I'm not a new teacher but I still love learning "old" tricks :o) Thanks for the tip! I found you through Tried It Tuesday and am your newest follower!

    Sabra
    Teaching with a Touch of Twang

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing Catpin Productions-never heard of it!
    Joanne
    Head Over Heels For Teaching

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great tip! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Catpin! I only wish they had the Texas STAAR Math griddable. Thank for sharing!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet if you sent them an example, they would add it.

      Delete
  6. What a great site to customize what you need bubble sheets for! Students really do need to practice this skill. I never thought of using a sheet protector either. I always used a transparency over top of the paper but you have to keep lifting it up to mark answers wrong. This is SO much better. Thanks for sharing:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete