09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

May 24, 2013

Five for Friday - By the numbers

It's Friday! Time to link up with Kacey!


Can I get an amen? I'm so glad it is a three day weekend and so jealous of those of you who finished today. I haven't blogged much, not because I didn't have anything to say, but because I have been overwhelmed with things to do. I've been so busy, I haven't even made a to do list. Definitely fixing that issue this weekend.

Without further ado... Here is my week by the numbers.

ONE Party

Wednesday, we had our EOY Staff party. BBQ, friends, and awards! What more could you ask for? I was surprised to be nominated for the "Mega Motivator" award. Not as surprised to be nominated for "Helping Hands". 

TWO Field Trips

Yup! You read that correctly. Our district scheduled our annual Fine Arts field trip for Tuesday to our local outdoor amphitheater to listen to our local symphony. This year, my class ended up in the "box seats". They provided us with water bottles. The fans were blowing. Other than the unair-conditioned bus ride, it was a rather nice trip.

Today, we took our "Top Dogs" to the Intermediate school for a preview of next year. The 6th grade choir, band, and orchestra preform, then student ambassadors take us on a tour. I felt like a celebrity when we walked in, because I was immediately greeted by smiles, waves, and shout outs from some formers. Best of all, one of my no-longer little guys was one of the ambassadors. When he was in my class, he had a medical crisis on the 4th day of 4th grade. He was in the hospital for about half of the year. When he returned, he was in a wheelchair whenever we left the classroom. In the classroom, he wore a belt for support and had an aide assist him with certain tasks. Today, I watched him stand, sing, and do hand motions with the choir. Needless to say, he and his Mom have a special place in my heart. 

THREE Interviews

Before the announcement was made about my move to 2nd grade, I assisted my team in interviewing my replacement. We did three interviews after school Tuesday. 

FOURTH No More

I have been smiling ear to ear since Wednesday. If I knew switching grade levels would have excited me so much, I might have done it years ago. 

You may have noticed the uber cute changes to my blog. Thanks to my BBB Megan @ A Bird in Hand blog design. I asked her to change my header and blog button and use a primary looking font to reflect my grade level change. I honestly can't say enough wonderful things about her or her designs. 

FIVE LONG Days

How long was this week? So long that I don't even remember Monday. I had to look back at my lesson plans and calendar to see if anything blog worthy happened. The good news...this week was the last 5 day week with kids this year.
Photobucket

8 comments:

  1. I am so glad I found your blog through Five for Friday. First thing I thought was "what a super cute blog design!" Adorable! You will love teaching second grade. I made the switch 2 years ago and couldn't be happier. Enjoy your long weekend! Happy to be your newest follower.
    -Jaime
    Bright Concepts 4 Teachers

    ReplyDelete
  2. I felt like I should be able to click "like" on the pink card! So true and so funny! :) Happy Friday!
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on your move to second grade. I completely understand how you feel. I'm headed back down to third (from fifth) next year and I'm super excited.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on the move. I know that feeling. = )

    I'm right there with you on the "too busy to even make a list." Crazy!

    Enjoy your weekend!

    Jenny
    Suntans and Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your move to 2nd, nothing quite like being excited about what you do! I'm a TX blogger too! Stop by sometime! Congrats, again! =)

    ~Tanya
    A+ Firsties

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the changes you have made to your blog, but I will be sad to lose you as a fellow 4th grade blogger! Have a great weekend!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  7. So fun to find another Texas blogger! I hope you are excited to move to 2nd!! It will be a blast, I'm sure! Also that EOY staff party sounds fun! Wish we had one of those!!
    Amanda
    Mrs. Richardson's Class

    ReplyDelete
  8. We're almost there! 8 more days. I think I can, I think I can . . . . So glad you are loving your new bloggy look. I love it too, but I'm a little biased!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete