09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

May 3, 2013

Five for Friday Flashback

    


1. CRASH! - This is how my week started. Last Friday, I shut my computer down properly. When I turned it back on Monday morning, it crashed. Apparently, it was out partying all weekend. Fortunately, I have experienced a crash before, so I don't save anything to my hard drive. The only thing I lost were the fonts I had loaded, and I was able to recover those.


2. Unspoken - A few weeks ago, I learned about this book from Amelia at Where the Wild Things Learn. She mentioned that she has her students record their inferences, predictions, and connections in their journal. Mine have a journal, but I thought they needed a recording sheet, so I made one. I wanted to share, but thought it might be copyright infringement. I contacted Amelia. She said it was OK. Here it is.




 

3. Civil War sequence - Sometimes you need a daily grade. Rather than just doing the worksheet from the textbook, I put the events on sentence strips. The kids worked together using their textbook and lapbook to organize them, then recorded the sequence on their worksheet. A lot more collaborative and successful!


4. Conga line @ recess - Some things just make you smile. Kids being creative, entertaining themselves, and getting along is one of them. Their goal was to make the world's longest conga line. Sorry, I only caught the tail end of the line with my cell phone camera.

5. STAAR sundaes - Today, we had our STAAR celebration. We made cards for Nurse's Day next week, played board games with our Book Buddies, made ice cream sundaes, and watched "The Wizard of Oz". I was so excited they picked this one. I told them I would share a special bonus feature at the end. The time came for the special bonus feature, so I did my version of "The Lollipop Guild". They looked at me like I lost my marbles, but were nice enough not to say it.

23 more days!
Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the freebie. This looks like a great book and activity. :)
    Brandee @ Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through "Five for Friday" I see that you are a TX teacher! So am I! I'm your newest follower!

    Ashley
    Flying High in First Grade

    ReplyDelete