09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

May 22, 2013

Fourth Grade No More

When I titled my blog, I knew I wanted to call it Teach n' Tex, because that is what I do and where I do it. I added the subtitle Fourth Grade Forever, because I've taught 4th grade forever (the last 19 years). I, also, wanted followers to know immediately what grade level I taught without having to search my profile.

Over the years, I thought about teaching another grade level, I even said it out loud, but I would always end up staying in 4th. Well, this year was different. I approached my principal and requested any grade level (2nd-4th) Math. I need a break from the stress of STAAR Reading and Writing testing, and my husband has some health issues, that quite frankly, stresses me out even more.

I am OVER the MOON excited to announce that I will be teaching SECOND GRADE MATH next year! New blog name...Teach N' Tex...Second Grade is the BOMB! What do you think?
Photobucket

13 comments:

  1. Congrats on the move. 2nd Grade was fun and yes, less stress (sorta b/c our school does a school-wide growth incentive).
    Deniece

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats!! Praying for your hubby's health!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I have faith that he will get better.

      Delete
  3. What? Did I read that correctly? That's what I love about you, Kristen! Your willingness to throw caution into the wind and make a change! Is your second grade team departmentalized? The one down-side is not teaching Texas History. I really miss it! It will be fun to hear about your experiences along the way. Congratulations!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, you read correctly! I figure my teaching career needed a second act.

      Second grade is departmentalized to help prepare them for third grade. It has helped them make the transition.

      I will miss teaching Texas history, but have an all new adventure waiting for me.

      I will be following your blog closely, so I know how to prepare them for Third.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! Good for you for seeking out a change! I'm sure you will do great things with those 2nd graders.

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  5. I taught second grade for eight years and loved it! Especially the math part! You're going to love it.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  6. How exciting! I know you're going to LOVE second grade - it definitely is the BOMB! :)

    ~Jessica
    Joy in the Journey

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats on your new move... family comes 1st!!! :) Good luck on your new journey!

    ~ Kimberlee ~
    iTeach 5th

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! I'm glad this is something that you wanted and I think that your new blog name is perfect! I hope you'll still stop by our blog now and then!

    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amanda...Yes, I definitely wanted this change. I am super excited for next year.

      Your blog is on my list of favorites. I love the mentor text linky. It truly is one of my favorites.

      Kristin

      Delete