09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 29, 2013

CURRENTLY JULY & Houston Blogger Meet-Up



This is the part of summer I usually dread. It always seems that after my birthday summer picks up steam and barrels full steam ahead into Back-to-School season.When I saw Farley and all of her blogging buddies putting up their July Currently posts, I wanted to scream out, "NO!" Instead, I joined the bandwagon. 


Like many of you, I am addicted to Law & Order SVU. Every time we watch it, I go "bum bum". My husband records them off of the CLOO channel, then we play the game of "Have we seen this one before?". Sadly, we are usually 10-15 minutes into the show before we realize that we have seen it.



Good Times with Diane, Jennifer, Kelly, Lindsay, Barbara, Sandy, Juan, Me, and Megan. This is the second meet-up I've attended. It is so nice to meet other bloggers in real life. I highly recommend attending one in your area. Big thanks to Diane & Megan for hosting!

Meeting with other bloggers always makes me think I need to do more. I have a couple of ideas for my TPT store. I need to stop blogging and start creating them.

Listening and reading about everyone else's vacations to Disney, various beaches, and cooler places makes me want to go. We aren't going anywhere this summer due to my husband's health, so I'll just live vicariously through your posts and pictures. Sigh!

UGH! I need my new permanent crown. I've had two temporary crowns. The second just popped off at 10:00 last night. Today I got to go buy my first tube of denture cream. What's next my AARP card?

My advice...learn from other bloggers. If they have a help section like Megan's "Blog Baby Blog" or Jivey's "Techy Tips", read their tutorials. They've been there and done that. Don't be afraid to ask for help! I know I've emailed them both. 

Also, don't be afraid to break the rules! In particular, I don't like the two blog posts in one day rule. Who made up that one? Is there some blog police that is going to issue me a citation? I don't do it often, but every once in awhile I just can't wait to blog.

Don't forget my $25 Starbucks giveaway ends Sunday night!


Photobucket

14 comments:

  1. Hi Kristin! I know what you mean about dreading summer being half over. When I was growing up my mom always told us that after we watch fireworks...total buzz kill! I'm so glad to hear you had a chance to meet up with bloggers in your area! I'm going to have to do some research and see who's willing to meet up in my neck of the woods!
    Erin
    Short and Sassy Teacher

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristin! It looks like you all had a blast meeting up! I will have to be on the lookout for a blogger meet up in my area. It would be great to actually meet everyone in person. I love your advice! I'm new to this world of blogging and I heard that two posts in one day is a big no no. What a relief to know that I won't have to dart the blog police if I post two in one day!
    ~Chelsea
    Fifth Grade Wit and Whimsy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Some people were talking about going to the blogger meet up in Las Vegas! Maybe next summer!

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Did you notice I used your Jivey Sunshine font?

      Delete
  4. Hi Kristin! It was a pleasure meeting you today! Meeting and talking to everyone was really cool!
    I am excited to do it again in the future. Enjoy the rest of your summer and I can't wait to read about your new journey in 2nd grade!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice meeting you, too! See you at the next meet-up! Happy blogging!

      Delete
  5. I just found your blog through Currently. I am looking forward to looking around your blog! Happy birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristin-

    Great seeing you again today, Ms. 2nd grade teacher :)

    I love your blog colors too!

    Lindsay
    My Life as a Third Grade Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just realized I misspelled your name. I am so sorry! Personally, it is one of my pet peeves, as mine gets misspelled all the time. I fixed it and updated my post though.

      Great to see you too!

      Delete
  7. I'm with you on following the tips on the others' blogs, and about the unspoken rules of blogging. I think I break them all the time, probably!

    -Nick
    Sweet Rhyme – Pure Reason

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hmm...no double blogging on one day. I had no idea. I'm sure I am blog faux pas-ing all over the place.
    Thanks so much for stopping by. I'm a new follower (if that still even means anything after google reader dies). I'll certainly find you on bloglovin' as well.
    Have a great weekend.

    School Is a Happy Place

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi there! Just found ya on Farley's linky. I'm a fellow TX blogger! I live in Austin. Love your blog! :) Happy Summer!

    ~Alyssa
    absherallstars.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete