09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 5, 2013

EOY FUN

1 MORE day! 1 MORE day! I ONLY have 1 MORE day with kids!

The last 3 days have been ALL about survival, but I did try to have some fun with my kids. They are a really good class, my 20th group of kids, and my last 4th grade class.

Tuesday, we cleaned out our desks. After we bagged everything up, I squirted shaving cream on their desk. (I know I am not the first teacher to ever do this, but this was the first time I ever did it.) They loved that I used their initials.


I gave them about 8 minutes to play. Once I started taking pictures, they kept saying "Mrs. Buford, take a picture of mine."

 

After playtime was over and I refreshed their foam, we did a few making words. 

"summer"

Today, we went on a treasure hunt. I gathered all of my "prizes" stuff I didn't want anymore and some candy and made 22 goodie bags. Then, I "hid" them around my room. I, also, recommend making a map, so you remember where all of the bags are hidden.

I explained the rules to the kids, then I used my "Pick a #" pot to choose treasure hunters.

I, also, taught them how to steal. One of my funny ones kept repeating "Stealing is bad."

They, also, learned about karma. One of my sweet girls wanted a pocket fan. She found one in her first bag, but it got "stolen". After several "steals", she finally ended up with the same fan. [Another helpful hint: Put an X on the bag every time it is "stolen".]

Three problems: I had kids picking up and poking bags, taking too long to pick a bag, and a bag that I put in a windowsill had ants. Otherwise, they had fun and appreciated their "gifts".

This is my...

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It killed about an hour today. I didn't get anything done during this hour, but I had fun watching them treasure hunt.

      Delete
  2. What a fun idea! My kiddos would love both of these activities!
    ~Courtney
    Polka Dot Lesson Plans

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how fun! I love the shaving cream. I forgot about that! You are so creative!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete