09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 14, 2013

Five for Friday - June 14th


Final packing day!

    Last Friday was my last official day of school. However, I went back Saturday for 3 hours and Monday for 4 more hours to finish packing. I ended up with 44 boxes moving to 2nd grade and another 22 more boxes went home to my garage. Guess what I'll be doing next week?




    Tuesday, I went to my first 2nd grade inservice. It was a Science center Make n' Take. What a fun day! I was able to make 8 file folder games. I, also, discovered that I should not be allowed near a laminator. I was so afraid of wasting the film that I ruined several puzzle and game pieces. Fortunately, I picked up an extra packet to replace my mistakes.


This is my happy face.

     Wednesday, I took my dog, Skooter, to the local dog park. He got to play with two Westies and took a walk on the nature trail. Even though, we went mid-morning, he got really hot, but he is smiling. 


     If you haven't checked out my linky, click here. It will be open all week. Next week, I will open another one. You can post your favorite motivational or positive quote, meme, song lyrics, poems or poster. Each week, they will be archived on my new PMA Wednesday page. This fall when you need a little pick me up, you can come back and get an attitude adjustment. 


    Thursday, I started tackling my summer to do list and worked on one of my Monday Made It projects. I, also, made these Monday-Friday buttons. If I keep this up, I am going to develop a serious case of blogger butt. (Thanks to whoever coined that phrase!)


    I enlisted my husband in Kristin' Boot Camp this week. We both need to lose some serious weight this summer. Basically, we are trying to be more mindful of what we eat by writing down everything and counting calories. I am walking the dog and walking on my treadmill. I've already lost 5.5 pounds. Woo Hoo!

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. You go girl with your healthy lifestyle changes!!! I'm your newest follower.

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love laminating so much that I bought a personal laminated! Who doesn't like the smell of hot plastic! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea for an inservice- make and take?? So fun! You did crack me up though about 'shouldn't be allowed near a laminator'- I use our laminator at school ALL the time! :)
    Aylin
    Learning to the Core

    ReplyDelete
  4. Look on the bright side, after you unpack, you will know exactly where everything is! :) And I love that sweet puppy face. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete