09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 21, 2013

Five for Friday - June 21st

    Hubby and I celebrated our 17th Anniversary.
(For those that read my Monday Made It post, he loved his love letters.)

Winner, winner, chicken dinner! Surprise!


Thanks to the Mythbusters for the duct tape survival tips!

Lesson learned...
You've probably seen a video at some point of a dog walking happily on a treadmill, maybe you even own one of those dogs. I do NOT. I put my dog on the treadmill with it off, and then turned it on. He took a step, then rode the belt to the end of the treadmill. I tried again with him on his leash. This time, he freaked out. As I was reaching to grab him, I slipped on the moving conveyor belt and injured my ankle. It immediately swelled and turned blue. The good news...it isn't broken. The bad news...it is painful and ugly, and I will still have to walk the dog in the heat (once my ankle is better). 

I try (really hard) to be a positive person, but it is getting harder and harder. Here is a brief recap of my summer vacation. The first 3 days, I had severe tooth pain. I went to the dentist and got a temporary crown. The pain from the shots lasted another 2 days. Then, I woke up with a pinched nerve in my back. That lasted 3 days, then this past Tuesday I injured my ankle (see #3). Thursday, it was bruised, but I was able to put weight on it and walk (even ran a few errands). Thursday night, I broke my temporary crown eating a cornbread muffin. REALLY, Summer? Next week, I turn 43. I was just thinking to myself this morning, I don't feel older, but apparently my body is getting older. Thanks for indulging me while I have a mini pity party. I promise I will get my positive mental attitude back. 

To supplement one of the centers that I made last week at my district Make N' Take inservice, I made this...

 Students sort the different animal covering pictures into one of four categories. 
Please visit my TPT store to download it.


Have a good weekend!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Happy belated Anniversary! Sure hope the rest of your summer goes along much more smoothly for you! Take care of that ankle and baby it a bit so that it heals well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hang in there, friend! There is still LOTS of summer to be had and enjoyed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for posting the scale matching activity!!! This will go great in my animal science unit. Enjoy the rest of summer.

    Lacey
    Challenges Make Life Interesting

    ReplyDelete