09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 24, 2013

Monday Made It & Eating, Drinking & Linking Oh My!


Monday, Monday! Time to link up with Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics.



Last week, I didn't make anything for school. This week, I made 2 Science centers to be used during our animal unit. One focuses on animal body coverings and the other one focuses on camouflage. 
Both are FREE in my TPT store.





I am also linking up with Christy @ Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road.

Peanut Butter and Corn Chip No Bake Cookies 
or Kookie Cookies or Corn Chip Crack

Whatever you want to call these, I call them delicious. They were super easy to make. Only 4 ingredients: 
1 bag of Fritos corn chips
1 cup of sugar
1 cup of light corn syrup
1 cup of creamy peanut butter

Grease a 15 X 10 inch pan. Spread out Fritos corn chps. Mix the sugar and corn syrup together in a pan on the stove over medium heat. Stir frequently. Heat to boiling for 1 minute. Remove from heat. Stir in peanut butter and stir until smooth. Pour mixture over Fritos. Cool. Optional: Melt semi-sweet chocolate chips and drizzle over the top. 

They remind me a lot of the following recipe. My friend and former teammate, TK, made Special K cookies. She got the recipe while in college at Indiana University. Apparently, they made them in the dorm a lot.

5 cups Special K cereal
1 cup light corn syrup
1 cup white sugar
1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
2 tsp. vanilla

Bring sugar and syrup to boil. Boil 1 min, then add peanut butter and vanilla until smooth. Add cereal, 1 cup at a time. Drop by teaspoons onto waxed paper. Cookies freeze well.
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Oh yum! Those look delicious! I'm thinking I will have to try those for an upcoming bbq gathering. Thank you for linking up and sharing!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those no bake corn flake cookies - same recipe. Yummy!

    Deniece

    ReplyDelete