09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 17, 2013

Monday Made It - June 17th Edition

Although this is my second summer Monday, this is my first Monday Made It Monday!
Last Monday, all I made was a mess. I was still packing up my classroom.


This week, I made a linky button and a new page on my blog. Thank you to Ashley Hughes for the apple and my hubby for the inspiration. Click here to read last week's PMA Wednesday post.




One of my home made its was an anniversary gift. My hubby is a "wears his heart on his sleeve" kind of guy, who appreciates a thoughtful, sentimental gift over the traditional or modern gift. Once again, I turn to Pinterest for some "pin"spiration. I found this photo. 

I gathered these supplies: blank cards and envelopes from the scrapbook section at Wal-Mart (My Wal-Mart still had their Valentine stuff available) and my trusty, Flair pens.

I decorated each envelope based on the holiday theme for the month, added the words "Open When...", decorated the card inside, and wrote a special message. 


Here they are all wrapped up in red ric rac ribbon. 

My other home made it started in February. I needed some stress relief during STAAR testing preparation. Unfortunately, stress got the best of me. All I accomplished during the school year was wrapping half of the wreath in gray yarn. That is until this week. I finally finished my argyle Valentine wreath.

   
                               Original Pinspiration                                                My version

     I did do some things differently from the original directions. First, I couldn't find a rounded wreath. All I could find was a green floral wreath. Next, I used about 1/2 a skein of "I Love This Yarn!" #200 Graymist and 1 piece each red and pink fleece (not felt) from Hobby Lobby. I liked how the fleece was thicker than the felt. Finally, instead of applying the hearts with hot glue, I used Elmer's Spray Adhesive. I did use hot glue to secure the yarn on the back. I finished it off with a hanger made from sheer pink striped ribbon. 

Absolutely nothing! 


Have you entered Angela's Giveaway, yet? There is still time. Click on the button and go enter today.

I can't wait to blog stalk all of the other Monday Made Its and find my next project(s)!
[Their like chips! You just can't pin one.]

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. OH my I am loving the idea of your anniversary gift Monday Made Its! Those are adorable and I absolutely love love love it. I don't think I can say I love it any more than that! What a sweet idea! I also REALLY like that wreath you made... what an adorable idea for Valentine's Day! Found ya from the Monday Made It linky :)

    Sara
    Miss V's Busy Bees
    ventrellasara@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a thoughtful anniversary gift! And I love the wreath you made!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love, love the card idea for your husband! My husband's birthday is coming up soon and I just might have to steal your idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awww, what a great anniversary gift! I need to do that for my hubby- our anniversary is June 24th. Hmmmm

    The wreath turned out so cute! Love it!
    Amanda
    Collaboration Cuties

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the letter writing idea. That would be great for my teenage sister.

    Pinned it!!
    EmilyK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Kristin,
    You are a girl after my own heart. First of all I love your blog and the bunting! I just posted about something special I did for my hubby for Father's Day the other day. We think a like girl. I'm thrilled to be your newest follower.
    xoxo
    Vicky

    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am so in awe of your wreath!! So cute!!! And good luck on your move.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete