09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

June 29, 2013

OCD Reorganization


I've been reading the posts on this linky party for weeks, but I was not organized enough to join. But now... 

This is the way my garage looked after I brought home all of my 4th grade STUFF. The Math boxes have been sitting there for the past 7 years. The LA boxes just joined the party in May.

This past week, I started bringing in a box at a time. I was able to sell 1 box of books to Half Price Books.  3 smaller boxes will be donated to a friend, who is moving to a new school. Finally, I filled 2 boxes with 4th grade Math centers to take to my former partner. Now, my garage looks more like this...


and this...


I still have a lot to do, but I am making progress.

One reason cleaning the garage is taking so long is due to my OCD Reorganization. As I went through my Math boxes, I took inventory. When I finished a box, I printed out the inventory and taped it to the lid. 


My cat, Skunky Funky, LOVES boxes and jumped up on this one to inspect my progress.


I'm hoping having the inventory on the lid will make it easier when I unpack in my new classroom and find things in boxes that don't make it to school. 

Back out to the garage while it is still cool! Have a good day!
Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. An inventory list on the box is a great idea. It might take more time now, but I agree it will save you more time later!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wowie! That's a ton of work. I love your inventory list on the box. My goal for July is to do the same with all of my math materials and station work. Wish me luck! Thanks for linking up with us :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a smart idea to have the inventory list...I never thought of that before! You've been very busy!! Thanks so much for linking up :)

    ReplyDelete