09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 26, 2013

Flashback Friday (Instead of Time Travel Tuesday)


Today, I decided to have a little fun and take a trip down memory lane. I didn't quite make it for Time Travel Tuesday, so I decided to do a little Flashback Friday.

Unfortunately, I don't have a 2nd grade picture. While my class was having their pictures taken, I was at home lying on the couch drooling, because it hurt to swallow. I had just had my tonsils taken out. I remember the only thing I would eat for a week was buttered toast dipped in hot chocolate. Even though, I could have had popsicles and ice cream, I didn't want them. In fact, I melted my popsicles in a cup and then sipped on them. 
Got to love the 70's! Super fly!
Remnants of my Dorothy Hamil haircut

Grade: 3rd Grade
Year: 1978-79
Schools: Grace E. Stewart Elementary and Arrowhead Elementary (Currently a district administration building)

Teachers: Mrs. ?/Mrs. Couchman

Favorites: Holly Hobby (She is all over my shirt.), K.C. Royals baseball (You can't tell, but that is what the beads on my necklace spell out.), watching Donny and Marie, listening to my Donna Summer 8 track, collecting stickers

Memories: My class at Grace E. Stewart was in an outdoor portable classroom. We had a back door and one day a tumbleweed blew in. I remember we studied native americans. Each time we completed a task, we earned a feather for our headband. I had quite a few.

In January, my family moved to a new town. When I arrived, I was behind in Math and Handwriting. My teacher, Mrs. Couchman, asked my soon to be best friend, Courtney, to stay in at recess and help me catch up. It took about a month, but I eventually learned my multiplication facts and how to write in cursive. Courtney and I remained best friends through 6th grade.

I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane. Want to take your own trip down memory lane? I'll help you plan. Head over to Jess @ I Heart Recess and link up.

3 for 3 Giveaway Reminder!

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I had forgotten about Holly Hobbie! That is a classic haircut! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up! Love that you were friends until 6th grade. My BFF from 3rd-6th met up for the first time in 20 years two years ago. Her mom ended up being 4 hours away from me. :) Love the hair cut!

    Jess

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved Dorothy Hamill! Do you remember her Short and Sassy shampoo commercial? My grandma had that shampoo and I would use it hoping to have great hair like that! You must have used it - your hair looks shiny and awesome!
    -Lisa
    Grade 4 Buzz

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL! No, I used "Gee Your Hair Smells Terrific", so my hair would smell like my favorite perfume at the time, Anais Anais.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I was so in love with Donnie. On the Osmond Brothers cartoon Donnie fell in love with a girl from France named Babette. Which was close enough to make me swoon! HA!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can empathize with missing school...I missed the first several days of my senior year of h.s. due to a bad case of bronchitis :(

    Primary Classrooms are Oceans of Fun

    ReplyDelete