09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 15, 2013

Monday Made It! - July 15th

       

I love Mondays...Summer Mondays! These two linkies are the reason. Thank you Tara and Christy for hosting every week! Even though it is summer, it seems like I never get everything I want to get done accomplished. Here is what did get finished this week!



I've resisted doing this, because honestly those buttons annoy me, when all I want to do is just save an image. Sometimes, I am a sheep and get on the bandwagon. However, it is usually a customized bandwagon, because as much as I LOVE Pinterest, I did NOT like the bright RED Pinterest icon on my pretty blue and green blog.

What's a blogger to do? Well...I saved my Pinterest icon in lime green made by my blog designer and buddy, Megan and uploaded it to Photobucket. Only problem, it was 260 by 260, which didn't just hover over my images, it hovered and abducted my images like a giant alien P mother ship. While in Photobucket, I tried using their editing re-sizing tool. It shrunk my icon, but added a funky rainbowish background. No bueno! The solution...I opened the icon in Macromedia Fireworks, re-sized the image and canvas, saved it, uploaded the new smaller icon to Photobucket, inserted the "direct" web address in the HTML template code, saved my new template and VOILA! 

The directions were fairly simple to follow, but I'll add that when I typed < / body > (without the spaces)
into the search bar, NOTHING came up highlighted on my template. No worries! I inserted the code for the Pinterest button after the < heading > . It worked! Editing HTML code may make you nervous, but as long as you do one thing at a time, check the preview, and SAVE, you should be fine.

Oh...I, also, embedded my first Google form on my blog for my upcoming giveaway - July 23rd. Mark your calendar! Again, super easy tutorial...here.

I'll be adding a FREEBIE button to my FB page this week, too, in preparation for a 2nd grade blog hop. Stay tuned and like my FB page!


Have you tried these?
Yummy!
You get 4 for 100 calories. 
Not bad, but...
I thought I could make them myself.

Ingredients:
a banana (not green, but not brown)
Magic Shell chocolate sauce

Directions:
Peel and slice banana. Put in a freezer safe container. Freeze for about an hour. Remove from freezer. Drizzle Magic Shell over banana slices. Put container back in freezer for about 15 minutes. Remove and enjoy!

In this picture are two bananas. I thought I would make some ahead. I don't recommend this. These bananas were in the freezer for two days. Once I pulled them out and let them sit out for awhile, they get too mushy. I'd recommend making and eating them the same day. I'm sure they are a few more calories than the Dole Banana Dippers, but they are cheaper, easy to make, and a cool treat on a hot summer night. 


Calendar Pieces @ Mama Jenn
Weather Chart @ Primary Inspired

I believe it has been decided that if you print, cut, laminate, and cut again that it counts as a Monday Made It! I still need to hole punch and put the cards on rings.

Speaking of customized bandwagons, I finally purchased a Teacher Toolbox. It has been sitting on my dining room table wrapped in its shrink wrap, because I can't decide if I want it to be navy, lime green, or aqua blue. I have been working on making the labels. Preview below...
Now the toughest decision...read about what everyone else made or go work on my toolbox and other projects?
Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. "Giant alien P mother ship" HAHAHAHA!!!!! Thanks for the laugh this morning! And I agree about the giant red P that takes over all my images. I'll have to see if I can make mine pretty like yours! Can't wait to see your Teacher Toolbox! I just made one, and I am IN LOVE!!

    Angela :)
    Hippo Hooray for Second Grade!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yumm, those bananas look great! That P does bother me, but at the same time I get upset if it isn't on an image I want to pin. I wonder if I can make mine purple?

    -Maria
    Everyone deServes to Learn

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your labels for the toolbox. I used mine a ton last year. I nominated you for the Liebster Award. Please see my blog for more information.

    fittobefourth.blogspot.com

    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great solution to the hovering p.. I haven't conformed that way yet. WHo knows it may be coming :)

    Those bananas look pretty refreshing, thank you for linking up each week! :)

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete