09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 28, 2013

My Calendar - Optimum Organization

I'm sad that this is the last Optimum Organization linky party. I only linked up twice this summer. Apparently, I am not as organized as I think I am.

I've been wanting to blog about my calendar. This seems like a good time to do it.

Many people swoon over their Erin Condren planners. Too rich for my blood. Others make their own and have them bound.  Although I did consider this option, I AM a creature of habit. So I did what I do every year. I bought my Mead Student Planner and teacherized it.

Features:
* pen loop (need to add a pen)
* spiral bound protected by a cover
* perforated corners (Thrill of my week tearing off the triangle corner for a new week)
* week at a glance
* check boxes next to the weekly to-do list (such a sense of accomplishment checking them off)


Teacherization Features:
* monthly flag tags (I used Post-it flags and Sharpie 80's fine markers to make finding the months easier.)
* color code activities (pink=personal, green=school, purple=friends' birthdays, blue=other)


If you haven't already purchased a calendar, maybe this will help you decide.

Teacher Tribune Giveaways
Have you entered? I've been entering every day. You could win a Google Nexus or a TPT gift certificate. Sweet!

3 for 3 Giveaway! Reminder

Ends midnight Monday! This has been a fun week! Thank you again to everyone who entered and donated to the giveaway! I can't wait to announce the winners Tuesday!
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I may have to look into those pens... I'm always looking for great pens! I usually use Sharpie pens because they come in lots of colors and don't bleed but they are so pricey.

    Thanks for sharing,

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I love great pens and a calendar organized by color is awesome. :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a great calendar! I may have to grab one of those.
    BTW I am going to Math too for the district wide training.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't you calendaring in colors? All the colors make me happy! I love how you can take the simplest of things and make them fantastic!

    Diane
    Teaching With Moxie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very nice calendar! I would love tearing off the perforation too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Kristen! I think I would like that perforation too! I actually wrote a blog post for tomorrow's Monday Made-It that shows my calendar/binder I put together for this year. I won't get to have perforation, but I can definitely take your idea of color coding items I write in. Thanks!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete