09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 31, 2013

PMA Wednesday - 8th Edition


Welcome to PMA Wednesday!

Every week when I think about my PMA Wednesday, I think I am going to post one thought, then something changes and makes me go a different direction.

This week, I was going to post all of the Geico commercials. I laugh every time I watch one. Laughing is one of the ways I stay positive. If you've ever raised a teenager, you understand laughter can get you through some pretty tough years. Fortunately, my "bonus" daughter is grown, out of the house, and today will move into her first home.

However, her Great Granny isn't do as well. She turned 97 this last May. She has been in and out of hospitals this summer. We found out yesterday that she has gall stones now. Surgery is not an option. Another doctor is expected to see her today, but they may be moving her into hospice care. I am trying to stay positive for my husband and his family.

Unfortunately, my family has been through this before. My dad had hospice care at the end of his six year battle with colon cancer. We discovered that "Laughter is the best medicine!" In fact, the night he passed, my mother, brother, his fiance, and myself were having dinner in the kitchen and entertaining ourselves by hanging spoons off the ends of our noses. 

Guess what day it is? Hope your day is happier than a camel on Wednesday!



Photobucket

3 comments:

  1. Hahaha!!! That is by far my favorite Geico ad! It makes me laugh out loud every time I see it. Thanks for starting my Wednesday off with a laugh :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Laughter IS the best medicine! Prayers for your great grandma...

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete
  3. My thoughts are with your family :) I would agree that in times of stress or sadness - you just need to laugh and smile! It really helps!

    Thanks for sharing :)

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete