09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

July 8, 2013

Two Linkies in One - Eating, Drinking & Linking AND Monday Made It! - July 8th


Let's start with what I made...


Paula Deen Brown Sugan Bacon

Don't you wish you had a scratch and sniff screen right now? Let's just say my house smelled like heaven Sunday. 

Ingredients per Kristin
All the brown sugar left in the box (no specific amount)
Squirts of French's Brown Spicy mustard - 'Cuz that is what was in my fridge
Entire package of Oscar Meyer Center Cut bacon

Directions
Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.

In a gallon size Zip-loc bag, drop in strips on bacon. Add squirts of mustard. Dump in brown sugar. Zip the bag closed. Squish mustard and brown sugar onto bacon until coated. Open bag. Spread bacon out on rack on top of a "lined" cookie sheet. [Important step: Don't forget to line your pan with aluminum foil or parchment paper. Baked on brown sugar is NOT fun to clean up. I will be buying a new cookie sheet.] 

Bake for 20-25 min. Let drain on rack and eat a piece before serving to your family. 'Cuz once they know it is done and out of the oven, you will be trampled and mauled. This stuff is like bacon crack, y'all! 

If you want Paula Deen's recipe, click here

Photo from Simple & Delicious

Mediterranean Tortellini Salad

Ingredients:
1 pkg. (19 oz.) cheese tortellini - I used the large package of Butoni
1 pkg. (14 oz.) smoked turkey sausage, sliced (into coins)
3/4 c. prepared pesto
2 cups fresh baby spinach, chopped
2 cups sliced baby portobello mushrooms
1 can (15 oz.) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
1 cup roasted sweet red peppers, chopped
1 cup (4 oz.) crumbled feta cheese
1/4 cup pitted Greek olives, sliced

Personally, I left out the mushrooms, peppers, and olives. It still was a good salad.

Directions:
Cook tortellini according to the package directions.

Cook and stir sausage over medium heat for 6-7 minutes until brown. Place in a large bowl.

Drain tortellini; add to sausage. Stir in pesto. Add spinach, mushrooms, beans, peppers, cheese, and olives; toss to combine. Serve warm or refrigerate until cold.

The first night we had it warm. I had it cold for lunch the next day. It is good both ways. It says it makes enough for 6 servings. I think it made enough for more. 



Birthday Bags and Tags


 
Supplies: M and M's Fun Size, blue and green treat bags, green, royal blue, and light blue balloons , and Happy Birthday necklaces (4 pk - silver one was used in gift bag below).


Last year, I made gift bags for my students (Click here to see last year's bags.) My students enjoyed a little surprise on their desk the morning of their birthday. I enjoyed the smile on their face and having them ready to go. 

This year, I decided to make my own tags. Since, I am a going to be a Math teacher, I wanted to give them a little problem that they would enjoy solving. 

I created tags in several different combinations and named them after birds with similar colors. I've posted them in my TPT store and linked them below.

Penguin collection - FREEBIE - black & white
Peacock collection - (pictured above) - blue, bright blue, green & purple
Hummingbird collection - bright blue, lime green & gray
Flamingo collection - bright blue, pink & green
American Eagle collection - blue, red & yellow

I would appreciate any feedback in regards to price or colors.


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Paula Deen, brown sugar, and bacon, it's got to be good! :)
    ~Brandee
    Creating Lifelong Learners

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute birthday tags! Thanks for the freebie!
    Bethany
    FabandFunin4th!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So smart to get everything ready ahead of time! That's about the only way I get anything extra done.

    Megan

    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing these yummy recipes! Life is so much better because of BACON! :0)

    Have a great week--
    Sarah @ Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum! So many great recipes and ideas!

    Thank you for linking up!

    Christy
    Teaching Tales Along the Yellow Brick Road

    ReplyDelete