09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 25, 2013

A Peek at My Week


Tomorrow is the FIRST DAY of SCHOOL!!! I am SO excited! I got to meet my new 2nd graders on Friday. They are so cute! I was especially impressed by their independence. Their parents were making them put away their supplies. When I checked on Saturday, most of it was done correctly. Score!

One activity that we will do this week is a Name Glyph. The original idea comes from Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics. First, I sketched my students name on a sheet of white construction paper (5.5 X 16.5 inches). Next, I traced the letters with a black Sharpie. Students will follow my oral directions to color their name, then I will back their art on black construction paper (6 X 18 inches) and hang them on my VERY blank wall.



Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Love the name glyphs activity!

    Thanks for linking up! I hope you'll stop back again next Sunday. Have a great week!

    Jennifer
    Mrs. Laffin's Laughings

    ReplyDelete