09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 2, 2013

Currently August - Really?

I have decided that I am NOT going to mourn the end of July, but embrace that it is Currently, August.


Listening to The Chew has become an everyday habit. Hubby and I have lunch and watch. Clinton Kelly, Carla Hall, Daphne Oz, Mario Batali, and Michael Symon have so much fun. I have made a few of their recipes, but we really watch for the entertainment.

Loving my treadmill, Mario. I made a commitment to myself on July 1st to exercise every day for at least 30 minutes. I am not going to lie to you and tell you that I did every single day, but if I missed a day (totally happened twice), then I made it up by doing an extra 15 minutes the next two days. 32 days later, I have a new habit.

Thinking about prioritizing. I have to admit that I am a workaholic. I've worked all summer on school stuff. Monday, I will go back to school to start unpacking my 44 boxes. With everything that has been happening lately, I need to prioritize, probably means less blogging and/or social media.

Wanting another month of summer. Enough said!

Needing will power. I've done so much better with exercise. Now it is time to tackle my eating habits. This is A LOT harder. I don't like many vegetables or protein. I do like candy and carbs.

My B2S must haves include my Mead student planner. Mine is already filled in, color coded and ready for the new school year.

I love new Crayola markers. I will probably still buy them when I retire. It isn't a new school year until I buy at least 10 boxes of markers and crayons.

My last B2S must have is patience. I usually have a lot of patience, but for some reason, it goes out the window when it comes to B2S. I wanted in my room last week. I get to start unpacking Monday. I want my keys to my new room, so I don't have to keep bugging the front office to get in. My lack of patience is why I own my own laminator. Now I don't have to wait for it to be done at school. So as I get ready to go B2S, I will pack my patience.
Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. I made exercising a priority back in April. Making it a priority hasn't been easy but it's now a habit that I love. I totally hear you on needing more willpower especially when it comes to sweets. I'd like another month of summer, if it came with some cooler temperatures. I can only handle Texas summer in small doses.

    Good luck with all your back to school preparations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always feel so much better after a good workout! You are so right about staying consistent to make it a routine! Awesome job keeping it up! This summer I have also had some time to do a lot more cooking and have found a lot of healthy and clean eating meal ideas through Pinterest! Seriously there is anything and everything! Feel free to visit my food board here too if you are interested (I have a made a ton of them and they have been delish!): http://pinterest.com/lilcarl24/mmm-let-s-eat/

    -Krista
    The Second Grade Superkids

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I repinned some of the recipes that I might like. I'll let you know if I try them.

      Delete
  3. Nice job on the running! I'm a new runner but I'm far from running every day! Ive also been cooking so much more during the summer- It's so much easier to be healthy and fit during the summer!

    -Caitlyn
    Fourth Grade Lemonade

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would also like one more month of summer! It always seems to fly by! I'm looking forward to my new students and school year but there is something to be said about the "calmness" of summer.

    I couldn't agree with you more on the will power... I have to buy most of my sweets and snacks in proportioned packs. I just love them! I've been really trying to beef up on protein this summer and cut back on the carbs but it's hard! I don't crave carrots... I crave chocolate!

    Good luck on all your endeavors!

    Amanda
    My Shoe String Life
    Follow me on Bloglovin'

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love my laminater too..and I can't get into my room yet either!! I also need about another month haha!!

    Nicki
    Mrs. Thigpen's Kindergarten

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so with you! But I was playing Mario instead of doing my treadmill last night so I thought maybe you were playing Mario. I am going to run on that thing at least four nights a week this year for 20 minutes and eat healthy also so thanks for reminding me and getting me refocused. I have never heard of the Chew so I will check that out. Thanks for sharing and motivating, Heather

    ReplyDelete