09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 30, 2013

Five for Friday

Woo hoo! I made it through my first week in 2nd grade. All I have to say is "Mmmmmm....I'm LOVIN' it!"

I don't have any new pictures of our week. It was just a little busy.

I never posted any classroom reveal pictures, so my "Five for Friday" are going to be new classroom pics.
Teacher Corner
This is my teacher corner. First of all, I'd like you to notice the sign on my desk, "This classroom runs on Love, Laughter, and LOTS of Diet Mountain Dew." I could not have gotten through this week without it. You might see my teacher toolbox and new word wall on the right side of my desk. Since this picture, I've added 3 new "Masterpieces" from students.
Calendar Corner
As many of you already know, I am "thrifty". I prefer to make something, rather than buy it. The calendar header was made by tracing 4" letters stencils and overlapping them, then drawing B2S symbols on them. I did purchase the calendar a long time ago, laminated it, cut slits near the top black lines, and inserted large paper clips. To change my calendar today all I had to do was slip the apples off and push the fall leaves on. My calendar pieces are laminated post it notes from Carson Dellosa. The other calendar pieces I blogged about here and here.
Job Board
I was inspired by Tara @ 4th Grade Frolics "Just Doin' My Job" classroom jobs. However, the gray wasn't working with my green, so I made my own job board. One of my chattier girls loved being the "Phone Operator" this week, even though she didn't get to answer the phone once.

Math Groups Bulletin Board
Again, I love the way this turned out. I made my own rotation schedule cards. I think my former partner is slightly bothered by the fact that I don't have drawers for the "T", but as I've explained to him twice already that is for "Teacher Time". If I have drawers, they will be over by my small group area. I still need to add names to the groups next week. By the way, I have finally decided what my theme is "polka dotted puppies". I made one cutting apart a Carson Dellosa notepad and tracing it on scrapbook paper. It is hard to see, because of the glare from the lamination, but he is in the upper left hand corner.

Science Eyes
I found these fun glasses in the party favor section at Wal-Mart. These are going to be my "Science Eyes". I can't wait to do the activity with the kids next week. Hopefully, I'll remember to take pictures for next week's Five or Friday.

Have a great 3 day weekend! I personally CAN NOT wait to sleep in tomorrow!
Photobucket


3 comments:

  1. So glad you are loving 2nd grade! It's such a fun age. Love those science glasses!

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your kids will love the "science eyes"! Thanks for sharing tidbits of your classroom--looks great!

    Smiles,
    Sarah @Hoots N Hollers

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear more about those Science eyes!

    ReplyDelete