09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 5, 2013

Monday Made It 4 Math - August 5th




You know when you go to a party, and it is getting late, but you aren't ready for the party to end. Well, that is how I feel. Summer is ending soon. Although I still have two weeks of vacation remaining, I'll be back at school to start unpacking today. 

This year, I'm going to try to do Guided Math. I bought the book and went to a half day Guided Math inservice. I've been stalking other bloggers and reading how they do it. This week, I started organizing. I used a Wal-Mart gift certificate to pick up some three drawer containers, then I started making drawer labels. 

Differentiation is a BIG buzz word in my district, so this will be perfect. The top blue drawers will contain activities that any of my students are capable of doing. The middle green drawers will be activities for students on-level. The bottom brown drawer will be challenge activities. I have a 4th set of drawers. I was thinking about labeling them "Teacher Time" to help me organize small group work. 


After I created the labels for my drawers, I didn't stop there. I decided I needed to make polka-dotted rotation cards. I put it all together in a new file. You can find it here in my TPT store or click the preview picture below.


Last Monday, I was 1 of 60 Math teachers lucky enough to get a coveted spot at the district Make & Take session. [This was serious business, y'all. 22 teachers were on the wait list. After 5 minutes, they let 3 more people in due to no-shows.] They had stations split up by grade level, all the supplies to make them, and {gasp} access to three laminators. By the end of the day, I had 7 completed stations ready to go. I was able to find one of them available online for free. You can download it and make you own, too.



I've already shared my spray painted buckets. They were a little plain, so I added some super cute ribbon that has all of my colors. (Offray ribbon from Wal-Mart.) Last week, I made some labels. [Hint: Facebook Fan Freebie] Now 3 of the 5 are finished. I needed another roll of ribbon, but it was out of stock at my store. Hopefully, I can find another roll at another location.


Although I will be at school unpacking 3 days this week, I hope I get around to reading more than the 20 MMIs that I did last week. I want to see what you made and be inspired. Thank you Tara for hosting this linky party again this summer.

Photobucket


6 comments:

  1. I love going to Make and Take sessions! I always feel like I leave really getting something out of it. I really need to update my Math and ELA station cards. Thanks for sharing!
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the idea of the drawers for your Guided Math work :)

    Elizabeth
    Fun in Room 4B

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is crazy that there is only a certain number of teachers allowed for make-it, take-it! My former district (large) had those days and anyone who wanted to take advantage of it, could come and get some things done. Now I'm at a smaller district and they just let me do what I need to, when I need to! It has been so nice to get things prepared for my new room.

    Your guided math drawers look great!

    Crystal
    Teaching Little Miracles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your make & take session sounds amazing! I have been to one but we still needed to laminate everything later, so what an added bonus for you! Your supplies buckets turned out great! I love the colors together!

    Lindsay
    Live Laugh & Learn in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your make and takes look like they turned out great. I am you newest follower and also an second grade teacher. I live in Bossier City (Shreveport), Louisiana. So I am a hop, jump, skip away from Texas. I can't wait to read more post. If you get a chance come on over and check out my blog.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. These looks fabulous!!!! I need to do some MATH things for guided math.

    ReplyDelete