09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

September 2, 2013

Currently September

I love linking up with Farley @ Oh Boy Fourth Grade every month. Her "Currently" linky is so much fun!


It seems like every month when I go to do my Currently, we are watching "CSI - SVU". Bum bum! My husband records EVERY episode. It has gotten to the point now that we start an episode and look at each other and say "Saw it!", then repeat this at least 2 more times before we find one that we haven't seen. 

The dog has been a "BRAT" since I went back to work. I took him to be groomed a few weeks ago in August. They called to say he snapped at the dog washer, so I picked him up still slightly damp. We tried again today with a female groomer and the earliest appointment. Today, he didn't even get his bath. I had to do the walk of shame out of the groomers with an ungroomed dog. 

LOVE 2nd grade! I don't know why I didn't switch years ago. They are so funny! One of them told me that my name should be "Mrs. Cucumber". Random!

I don't know exactly how many days there are between Labor Day and Thanksgiving, but I DO know there are TOO many. 

I really would like a do over. Last Thursday night, I had a slight fever and some nausea. I felt better Friday and Saturday morning, but then the fever and chills came back Saturday afternoon. Sunday evening, the sore throat, headache, and congestion started Sunday night. Taking it easy today, because I need to be at school tomorrow night for Parent Orientation.

My dog needs behavior mods. He was so good all summer, but is not adjusting well to me going back to school. 

1. I started walking on my treadmill 30 min. everyday on July 1st. I have missed a couple of days, but have made up the time by walking 45 min. the next two days. After I walk today, that will be 64 days straight. The key for me is doing it at about the same time everyday. I come home, check in with the family, change clothes, and walk before dinner. Dinner has been served a little later, but I feel better.

2. I never knew how much going to church could make me happy until I found my church home. Growing up, I went, because my mom wanted me to go. Then, I went, because my husband wanted to go. Now, I go, because I want to go.

3. Now that I am doing better with exercise, I need to step it up on the diet. I don't plan to follow a special program, just track my calories. I find that I do better if I WRITE IT DOWN. 

Have a good week! Hope to see you back for PMA Wednesday!
Photobucket


5 comments:

  1. Just stopping over from Farley's linky! I also LOOOOOOOVE second grade!!! I track my food and find it helps A LOT! go for it!

    Nicole
    Today, in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sorry you have not felt well this weekend. I think you deserve another weekend! I am glad I found your blog through Farley's linky!

    Andrea

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's so great when you find a church that makes you feel at home. My husband and I love ours too.

    So glad you are enjoying 2nd grade...they say the funniest things!

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoyed reading your currently. Yay for you for exercising. I try to find whatever excuse not to do it. I need more willpower! Thanks for sharing.

    Jamie
    teachingtidbit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Go you with your walking! 64 days is amazing!! I so impressed I might just get off my behind tonight and go exercise. Sorry you have been feeling down. I got to be in second grade today and had a blast.

    Megan
    I Teach. What's Your Super Power?

    ReplyDelete