09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

September 6, 2013

Five for Friday & a Freebie!


Self high five! I made it to Friday! High five to you, too! You made it!



I saw a post with this sign on Pinterest, but the pin only lead to a photo. I decided to create my own for Parent Orientation night. Yes, I served them in a dog bowl.
 (Our school mascot is the bulldog.) 
You can click here to get a copy. 



Footloose Friday after a fire drill! Lots of dew on the grass this morning! 
My shoes (top left) were finally dry around noon.



Super excited! I made my first foldable with my 2nd graders. They were champs! They pinched in the middle rather than creasing and cut to the line without cutting all the way through. The only problem we had was cutting too many flaps (usually 8, instead of 6). This is way better than my 4th graders last year! Sorry, I don't have a photo of the finished product, because we didn't finish.


An apple for the teacher!


Science Eyes Guys!

Science Rockstars!

We see Science EVERYWHERE!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. I was giggling looking at your shoes picture. We've had two fire drills since school started, but couldn't go out in the grass because it's rained almost every day here this summer. We luckily got to go to the hardtop which suited me fine because I'm deathly afraid of snakes in wet grass.
    Alison
    Rockin' and Lovin' Learnin'

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the shoe picture. That is what my classroom looks like during Reading Workshop. They love having the chance to take off their shoes when they read.

    Hunter's Teaching Tales
    Find me on Facebook

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for linking up this week at Teaching Blog Addict and offering our follower such a terrific freebie!
    ~Fern
    Fern Smith's Classroom Ideas!
    Fern Smith's Pinterest Boards!


    ReplyDelete
  4. I popped over to visit from the Five for Friday linky. Love those 'Science eyes'! I gave my kidlets magnifying glasses the other day to look for sight words in their books and they were focussed for twice as long as they usually are! A little novelty goes a long way. :)

    Lauren
    Love, Laughter and Learning in Prep!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kristen, second grade looks good on you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for posting the parent open house "mint" card! I went to Pinterest thinking I was going to have to recreate it, but it took me to your blog! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete