09 10 11 12
Blogging tips

August 1, 2014

August? What? Really?


It's Friday night! I'm home and watching Mythbusters. What can I say? I'm a nerd. I love Adam & Jamie. They make science so much fun!

I know. A schedule during summer? Yes! If I didn't, then I would waste my day. So what is my summer schedule? Sleep until I wake up. Feed the animals. Walk the dog. Watch or listen to the Today show (all 4 hours). Do something on my to do list. Feed me. Feed the dog. Walk 30 minutes on the treadmill. Watch the news. Feed me again. Walk the dog. Read. Sleep. Throw in a few appointments, dinners with friends, and a vacation, then you have my summer.

I had dinner with most of my team last night. Now, my mind is racing with ideas for school. I'm starting to feel a little overwhelmed.

This past school year, I neglected a lot of things at home. At the beginning of the summer, I made a to do list by room. I've made a lot of progress, but it isn't done.

I am a procrastinator, unless it is a task that I want to do, like blogging or crafting. However, today I got my deadline. Our building opens on Tuesday, so anything I want to do at home gets done this weekend or it may not get done.

I'm in BTS mode!


Head back over to Farley's and see what everyone is currently doing!

Photobucket

12 comments:

  1. My favorite line of your summer schedule was "sleep until I wake up". Isn't it great to be able to wake up without an alarm clock?

    After this BTS sale at TpT I will be in full on classroom preparation mode. I have kind of neglected it up until this point but it is time to get serious now that it it August! Hope the things easily get checked off your list!

    ThePolishedTeacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dread the alarm clock. I had to set it this past Monday. It was horrible!

      Delete
  2. I wish that I could sleep until I wake up, but my old hound dogs are early risers! After they eat and waddle (Basset Hounds don't really walk or run!), I usually blog or craft in the quiet of the morning. I too have neglected my list of household projects in lieu of summer fun, and must devote at least some of this weekend to cleaning, which I dread. I would much rather make a trip to Michael's, wouldn't you? Best wishes as you begin your new school year!
    ~Jennifer
    Stories and Songs in Second Grade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yes, I'd rather do just about anything than clean. In fact, I should be cleaning a bathroom right now.

      Fortunately, my pets don't get up until I do. Usually the cats go back to sleep after I am up. Unfortunately, the dog wants to walk as soon as I am up. It forces me to get going EVERY morning.

      Delete
  3. Just try to get finished with what you can and the rest can wait! At least that is always what I tell myself ;))

    Jamie
    Teaching Tidbits and More with Jamie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! I need to leave something to do on the weekends once school starts. Right?

      Delete
  4. Love the cute blog title and blog layout!!!
    Stephanie
    Tales of Teaching in Heels

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I can only take partial credit. Megan from I Teach & A Bird in Hand gets the layout credit. She's fabulous!

      Delete
  5. This very nice and wonderful article thank you for share this information. i really impressed this article. masters dissertation writing service.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is something I think about constantly and I suspect social media is going to play an important
    Phd Dissertation Writing Services

    ReplyDelete
  7. A blog is one of your most important marketing tools. Customers love blogs because they're generally full of great free information. Here are 5 tips for writing a good blog.
    algebra 3 help

    ReplyDelete